Thinking about it

Going from this to this. As you can tell, I like orange. I've heard Honda is the most comfortable of sportbikes, never riden one much like I'd never riden an FZ1 before purchasing. I will be selling (privately) my FZ upon redeployment.

Honda the most comfortable? I don't think so, more like the closest thing to a full race bike. Go sit on a Suzuki or Kawasaki and you'll see what I mean. Still a damn good bike though, also much less forgiving than an FZ.

Nobody buys a sportbike for it's level of comfort. ;) I do like the Repsol CBR.

True, but since I've accepted the fact it'll be more uncomfortable than my FZ, I might as well get the one that reports claim is more comfortable. I've sat on the R1 (2012 new)and could have gotten a great deal on one that had aftermarket exhaust and everything, just seems like the reach is further than the rest of the sport bikes. I was originally looking at the ZX-10 ABS, pretty sweet looking, then I saw the Repsol, too bad Honda don't seem to care about ABS on their liter bikes if any at all. I guess you cannot miss what you've never had right? lol.

Oh BTW in case anyone is wondering, nope I'm not a racer. I just want it to want it. I've owned my FZ for a little over 3 yrs, purchased new in Apr 2010 and have 27,xxx miles on it.

Last edited:
respol sucks!!!!!!
go for this cbr HRC version

f*cking amazing colours both for body+wheels+forks!!!!!
probably the bike i would go for if i'd like to change to ss bikes!!!!!

Orange is the new black. Ninja will be more comfortable than the CBR, but the Kawasaki is much more street oriented than the Honda. Anything with a handlebar instead of clip-ons will be more comfortable.

Yea it's like the people that own big pick-up trucks and corvettes too. I own a truck too.:sport12:
I got next to a Corvette this morning. He looked at my bike and cowered down. I wanted to say, "look man, it's 28 degrees...I ain't going over 40 mph".

** He didn't really cower down, but he did look the bike up and down...as I looked his car up and down. And yeah, my hands were, in fact, frozen.

Just one more thing to keep in mind.. not that you asked about financial aspects of switching to SS bike, BUT.. insurance will likely be 3x more than you're paying for FZ1.

Just one more thing to keep in mind.. not that you asked about financial aspects of switching to SS bike, BUT.. insurance will likely be 3x more than you're paying for FZ1.

Not that the OP is one of them, but it never ceases to amaze me when someone buys a bike and didn't check on the insurance beforehand...then act shocked when they find out (after they've signed the dotted line for the bike).

Yep looked into it already, and I will admit I'm not going to be happy with the new payments unless I buy the bike cash like I did the FZ and only have liability.

Not sure I want to go that route on this bike, it's damn near twice what I paid for the FZ lol.

If you like orange Id be looking for a 2007 GSXR 1000

2525355117_993c96641c_b.jpg

2540929248_313a018420.jpg

Back