There you all are !!!

Hi,

Just as I was thinking there wasnt anyone else out there buying FZ1 N's.

Newbie here, had my FZ1 Nakid now 3months and love it. Went to tail ender BMF rally a few weekends ago and didnt see 1 other.

Question to other owners.....if you had to upgrade one thing first.....what would it be??? Already done the tail tidy.

:Rockon:

Last edited:
Pipe

Hi,

Newbie here, had my FZ1 Nakid now 3months and love it. Went to tail ender BMF rally a few weekends ago and didnt see 1 other.

Question to other owners.....if you had to upgrade one thing first.....what would it be???

Welcome to the forum.
The most popular first mod seems to be a slip on and power commander. Just go to the Mods thread and you will see.

Hi,

Question to other owners.....if you had to upgrade one thing first.....what would it be??? Already done the tail tidy.

Yeah, the slip-on and power commander with a new map will feel like a completely different bike. Also a sproket is a cheap but apparently great mod... although I havent done it yet.

Thanx again................been going through threads...........im confused about EXUP......does this stay on with just a "slipon" or is that why a power commander is needed............then finally.........what do you all recommend, I like carbon and id like a good sound, it has enough performance for me, so not a huge issue.

Thanks again in advance.

Thanx again................been going through threads...........im confused about EXUP......does this stay on with just a \"slipon\" or is that why a power commander is needed............then finally.........what do you all recommend, I like carbon and id like a good sound, it has enough performance for me, so not a huge issue.

Thanks again in advance.

EXUP gets removed with a slip-on. Not a big deal since it was only on there for noise control, not power enhancement.

If you're just doing a slip-on a PC III or V is not a necessity, but will help tune the bike. If you want CF then look at the Yoshimura TRC slip-on. Decent price, good looks and performance.

Thanx again................been going through threads...........im confused about EXUP......does this stay on with just a \"slipon\" or is that why a power commander is needed............then finally.........what do you all recommend, I like carbon and id like a good sound, it has enough performance for me, so not a huge issue.

Thanks again in advance.

The EXUP comes off with the install of any slip-on as it is part of the stock can. :tup: You do not need a power commander for ONLY a slip-on.

But, with the slip-on you will notice a lot of pooping on deceleration because the exhaust cannot mask the ignition of the unburnt fuel and air from the Air Induction System (AIS). Thus, to eliminate most of the popping, you can do the AIS Blockoff mod which is FREE! There's some good threads and pics here in the Mods section.

-1 tooth on the front sprocket. Gives you more low-mid excitement!

These last two don't need the power commander but many would recommend that you do the PC install and before tuning, do these next two items. I have yet to install a PC and have not done the subthrottle plates yer myself.

Airbox mod... search for LARS. Also a free one! While in there, pop the screen off the stock air filter for a bit of increased air flow, or replace it with a BMC or K&N filter.

Subthrottle plates or as we know them, the flies! Remove them, reduce them or simply tie them open. Everyone has pros and cons on each but no matter which you choose, the bike performs better with them modded in some fashion.

Those are the ones that come to mind first...

If you decide to mod the flies and do the Air induction system block off, then you might as well install the FCE (fuel cutoff eliminator) about 100 bucks or so. You can get this from Ivans Performance. Just give him a call. He'll talk to you over the phone and explain the purpose for what the mods do etc.

Also I have an Akrapovic Slip-On exhaust and it's carbon and sounds great. The yoshi is great as well, at that point it may just be personal preference or what matches your bike/or style the best.

Back