The Sociable FZ1

Plays well with others: check
Rides with Harleys: check
Rides with scooters (really big scooters; Honda Silver Wing): check
Rides with Beemers: check

Sure Eric, Michele, and I like our trio of Fizzers. But the lovable Professor Fizz likes riding with all bikes. A friend of mine from Maryland towed his Silver Wing and brought his delightful daughters to Bedford, MA. Today I went down there with Rollie and met another friend, also on a Silver Wing, Paul, and we took on pillions and brought everyone back to my house. There we met about another 10 riders and headed for Gloucester, had nice hot meal on a cold 39 F day, and rode back again. The 3 girls were absolutely intrigued and delighted that a woman, Michele, could ride "the powerful FZ1" (their dad's words).

There were 3 Harleys, 3 FZ1's. an FZ6R (Michele's old bike, now owned by John), a Buell Ulysses, a BMW K1300GT, a BMW R1200RT, a Victory Hammer, a VStar 1300, and 2 Honda Silver Wings.

Rollie2.jpg

RemainingBikers.jpg

NormsPlace1.jpg

Norm3.jpg

MiMiGrayStripe.jpg

MicheleArrive.jpg

Michele3.jpg

LunchBunch.jpg

NormsPlace2.jpg

Group2.jpg

Group1.jpg

The Harley guys were so used to big group rides one or two of them would run ahead to the T-intersections and block off traffic for everyone to get out. The loudest bike was actually the Hammer. Oiliest, yea maybe the Harleys, lol.

We had an awesome time! It was cold but with the layers on, we made it bearable. It was so cool to see the look on the three girls faces when Michele rolled up on the "powerful FZ1" . . . She was their instant idol! Her and the custom bike were star for the day!

Thanks for getting this together Norm and thanks for insisting it happen, regardless of the weather. It was so much worth the trip!

I wish I lived somewhere in america, we don't really have the same family feeling over here in europe.
Sure we go and have a ride together (at least the ppl in the same country do).
But whenever I see pictures of some american members on this forum I'd wish I could join you..

I wish I lived somewhere in america, we don't really have the same family feeling over here in europe.
But whenever I see pictures of some american members on this forum I'd wish I could join you..

If you ever make it over here to the east coast you be sure to let us know. We would be proud to ride with you.

Yes, like Michele said. We would welcome you as family!

Back