The Ridge in December? Yes please!

get up before dawn on a saturday? check. load up two sexy yamaha's, check.

553836_10200183457048577_762622908_n.jpg

propane heater + crazy friends? check
564600_4294521157628_1830348477_n.jpg

why? why for this of course, riding a track when there's snow on the ground? check!
58637_10151217905083927_335788548_n.jpg

47615_10151217905213927_2119472207_n.jpg

brought my street gear, had my heated jacket plugged in to keep me toasty, however the wet cold track in 34F weather made for slipppppery riding. it was still a blast though

it was a lot of fun actually. they are doing mixed track days throughout the winter when the weathers "ok" so when we weren't riding, they had cars going. it was awesome seeing some race cars, porsche gt3's, r32's, an rs4 and some other badass cars tear it up out there too. it was sketchy as fuck all so of course we were going slow as hell but it was still a lotta fun and was way better than sitting at home!

Nice pics! Looks like a blast! Curious about the Bimmer in the first pic, I saw one identical on PDX Craigslist about a month ago for a smoking price from a dealer up around Tacoma. That wouldn't happen to be the same bike? That color stands out!

Was that at SIR? Or do they have another track up there now days. I haven't been back to Seattle in 11 years.

The Ridge Motorsports Park, they built it in shelton this year The Ridge Motorsports Park it's one of the best tracks on the west coast, facilities and drag strip are still under construction but the road course is 2.47 miles of heaven

Nice pics! Looks like a blast! Curious about the Bimmer in the first pic, I saw one identical on PDX Craigslist about a month ago for a smoking price from a dealer up around Tacoma. That wouldn't happen to be the same bike? That color stands out!

nope, thats my buddies bmw, been running it for about 2 years now. since the new ones have some dramatic ecu changes, the old ones are going for a bit less, but you can still buy a base model for i think 13k

Perfect! Nice soft snow to slide on if you lose the front :eek:

Actually it looks like lots of fun! Nothing like riding on a sketchy road surface for learning to be smooooth on your machine. I assume no get offs were had by you and the boys?

Perfect! Nice soft snow to slide on if you lose the front :eek:

Actually it looks like lots of fun! Nothing like riding on a sketchy road surface for learning to be smooooth on your machine. I assume no get offs were had by you and the boys?

holy cow you ain't kidding about being smooth, i've never been so smooth on a bike in my life! and no get offs by us on 2 wheels, the cars had a few nice spin outs though, no damage luckily for all of them but they sure came close

Mixed track day, I love it!

i couldnt believe the level of awesome that it actually was. i'll be doing the next ones they do cuz it was a blast. its crazy seeing the lines the cars take, and for the fast guys, how late on the brakes they are and just romp full throttle around damn near the whole track

Enter that last pic in the BOTM contest! :yes:

how do i do that?

Thats some braving the cold right there :wow: the trackday group I ride with sometimes adds a car group to the rotation. Super cool to se the high dollar cars hangin it out

Last edited:
it was sketchy as fuck

How Sketchy is that? Why is that word considered to be something to compare other things to?

Looks like an awesome day. I chose to drive my car to work today because it was 45 out when I left, Not sure I could hack it in mid 30's for riding. Of course I ride without any heated equipment. A mixed track day would be a blast, I could hook up a trailer to my STI and participate in both events!

Back