the notchy shifting at run in mlies

i am getting notchy gear shifting at run in miles done 350 miles so far
i feel not the best gearbox out there... changing from 3 to 4 is worst

maybe it will get better as the miles rise

sean ... uk

That was one thing i was told at the dealership when i got my 08 is that the grear box can be harsh for a little while. Stick with it and it will get alot better

What RPM are you trying to shift at? I findthat letting it run to the 4000-5000 area makes for much smoother shifting. Also I try not to back too far off the gas during a shift, almost keeping the revs constant. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it and with time and some break-in you'll ind she shifts just ducky.

8 out of 10 times, my '06 sounds like a Harley when I shift into first gear---Kerplunk! All the other gears sound and feel great. I bought the bike used, with 3500 mi on it. I've put a little over a 1K on it so far but nothing has changed. I'm hoping it will get a little better with an oil change. Supposedly, the Yam dealer where I bought it had changed the oil/filter, etc., but who knows. What oil do you guys use? This is my first day of posting, so be gentle with me. ;)

I had the same experience when I bought my FZ new. It really smoothed out after the 600 mile service. Keep riding! It will get better!

Back