The new Yamaha MT10-sp

Honestly for me I will keep my regular old FZ10 even if they bring us the SP.

The FZ10 already has the slipper clutch. The Ohlins is nice but you can mod your stock suspension for less money to be perfect for you. ECU flashing from Two Wheel Dyno Works has already perfected the mapping and de restricted it. The SP will still have the restrictions. The YEC Quick Shifter is a cheap plug and play add on for the FZ10. I have ridden an R1M of a friend a few times. The colored dash is nice but so not necessary. My current dash is just sweet as it is.

The increase you will probably see in price isn't worth it to me. Now maybe if they were putting the Magnesium R1 Wheels on them (FYI...they are not direct fit swap to FZ10) and giving the FZ10 the same lightened motor that comes in the Standard R1 and R1M (FZ10 gets the R1S motor.....FYI....Still a shit ton of wheel lifting fun), then maybe I would think about it. MAYBE!!

Personally I am having so much more fun making mine my own.

IMG_20161229_074553_pe.jpg

I pretty much agree with everything you said, except the magnesium wheels, they are good for track, but are too brittle and have a short life span so are not too good on the road. Good forged ali rims are the go for road use.

Well if I had the spare change I'd defiantly buy one of these MT10-sp rides. Then I'd put my own touch to it, a nice sounding gp pipe too. Great machine

I pretty much agree with everything you said, except the magnesium wheels, they are good for track, but are too brittle and have a short life span so are not too good on the road. Good forged ali rims are the go for road use.

The Magnesium wheels that are on the R1 and R1M (not the R1S) are not the old standard. These are made with a mix of materials that make the wheel lighter but safe for road use since that is what they are sold as.

The aftermarket magnesium wheels are meant for track use only and are labeled as such. Using them on the street is just foolish.

I'm pretty sure you can retro fir the original MT09 headlight. The current MT09 uses the same headlight as the MT10 but without the deflector. I don't like the look of it. The Tracer (FJ9 for the Americans) looks better with the larger windscreen on it. I saw one of them today and originally thought it was an MT10 with a windscreen attached.

Back