The luggage to suit my purpose's, nice stuff

While we all have our own uses for the FZ1, mine will serve alot of time this spring and summer as a touring bike. With nothing more than a luggage system and a bank card, I intend to do some serrious traveling. From the Southeast state of North Carolina, I intend to travel to Utah and tag up with my friend and his wife on their Concours. He and his wife usually take a week or two and travel across the north central US, and I only hear of it later. Thats because, up untill now I haddn't had a bike really capable of such riding. With a Buell Cyclone it was a bit less than accomidating. The Fz1 is superior in about every way, from its effortless power and ride to the wind protection available on the FZ with just a windscreen change. I intend to solve that problem with either a Riffle or Givi windscreen. So that leaves luggage. Well the choices are as numerous as varieties of apples. The one I actually stumbled across seems to fit all my needs and then some. It looks excelent and is fairly waterproof, actually it touts itself as 'waterproof', but I really dont intend to ride in the rain if it's avoidable, hence some tarping and a tent to wait out such occurences. I also don't intend to spend very much time in the cities, but rather backroads, open country..... which I miss since coming to the East coast, where it seems to be a patchwork grid of comunities,towns, and farms. I miss the wests open space, often times for 10-20-30 even 50 miles of nothing.The system I chose was 'Speed bag' and the accessory tent bag. This is the 'speed bag wide' and well, it speaks for itself. With time drawing nearer every day, it will be only a couple months before the weather is co-operative enough to attempt such a ride. My trip will end in Yellowstone before the return to NC. if all works out, in about mid July. twistedthrotle.com for the units.

Last edited:
before you go out and start dropping cash on windscreens... we should meet up... I bought every windscreen on the market at one time or another... trying to find one that would keep the buffeting down on the long trips.... what I finally ended up doing was cutting the stock shield down level with the top of the fairing.... works like a charm.. no more buffeting.. yeah, there's still wind, but it's "clean" wind... not turbulent from being kicked over the windscreen.

I agree....You don't appear to be too far from my location. With as much tales and experiances with the FZ1 as well as others, I doubt there'd be any akwardly silent moments..lol... As I'v always maintained, contrary to the current trend of "He who dies with the most toys wins".......my take on it is..."he who dies with the BEST Stories wins"...... I'm sure theres ample on both sides. I'd like to take you up on that sometime soon as weather allows.

Back