The Best Literbike for the Street

I like the Ninja 1000. As the author put it, it feels (as does the FZ1) that this is a "supersport tourer". This bike is probably what Yamaha feels will be the closest competition for the next Gen FZ1. At least Yamaha and Kawasaki get it right in offering a bike that can be ridden all day and have some great performance. At 43 I couldn't tolerate to squat when riding, there is no way I am heavily modding a 1 liter Sportbike and I would only get an H-D if I wanted to really feel old. The Ninja 1000 is a great offering. However, Kawasaki needs to drop the adolescent "Ninja" moniker and rename the thing. The target customer is a bit older.

they tested it over here in the magazines..............flappy screen luggage looks and feels cheap and no top box with the side luggage! but the bike rides well enough........over here it's called the z1000sx no ninja.

Last edited:
However, Kawasaki needs to drop the adolescent "Ninja" moniker and rename the thing. The target customer is a bit older.

They do that and they potentially loose customers that are familiar with the Ninja brand/performance. Gotta think business here, just can't rename something, instead you have to capitalize on what's already successful. IMHO

they tested it over here in the magazines..............flappy screen luggage looks and feels cheap and no top box with the side luggage! but the bike rides well enough........over here it's called the z1000sx no ninja.

The luggage looks and feels cheap? Isn't the factory luggage GIVI V35's?

Has anyone here been on the new Kaw that rides a typically sorted FZ1? I just wonder if once you get the FZ1 modded if the Kaw would feel all that good by comparison.

AW

I have owned Kawasaki's in my day and I believe they are an excellent motorcycle brand as well as Yamaha. I have to say that if the midrange hit of the Kawasaki is as good as they say I may be tempted. If there is anything I don't like about my FZ is the two stroke feeling nature of the powerband, the completely jacked up gearing, bad fuel mileage and small tank. I love everything else!

Back