Texas World Speedway - May 15th with LSTD

Not making it tomorrow after all. Hurt my back pretty bad while running today. After 2.8 miles I am running along and doing well when I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my back. Then again with my next stride. Then down I went. I could not breath or even walk. I had to call my wife to come pick me up. Feeling better now with some left over pain scripts but no way I am risking it tomorrow.

My wife and I may take the Mustang through my normal forest route and stop by the track just so she can see what it is all about. Just depends on how I feel in the morning.

Jeff lets look at the LSTD calendar and see when the next event is we may both be able to go.

Man, sorry to hear that Brad.

We just checked it at CS. Today is graduation at A&M. The hotel is costing more than the track!

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

Hi Hail, sorry to hear you hurt your back running and cant do Track Day no2 yet. It must be a great feeling to ride World Famous tracks like Texas World Speedway were the Big Boys [NASCAR and INDY] race. Good luck and get well soon.:tup:

Last edited:
Three sessions in so far. Nice day, about 72 right now.hardly anyone here, maybe 25 of us in group 2. Only two yellows, no crashes any run offs. R6 is running well but with the Arrow i'll need a retune, its not running off flat on top but dropping off in power. I had the suspension worked on last month and turn in is much better. Carrying much more speed into 1. Using brakes much less and letting the bike run off post apex. No gopro as it broke on a street ride. Lap times feel much faster, chicken strips are threads.

Not making it tomorrow after all. Hurt my back pretty bad while running today. After 2.8 miles I am running along and doing well when I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my back. Then again with my next stride. Then down I went. I could not breath or even walk. I had to call my wife to come pick me up. Feeling better now with some left over pain scripts but no way I am risking it tomorrow.

My wife and I may take the Mustang through my normal forest route and stop by the track just so she can see what it is all about. Just depends on how I feel in the morning.

Jeff lets look at the LSTD calendar and see when the next event is we may both be able to go.

Dude that stinks I hate running love bicycles easier on the body

Three sessions in so far. Nice day, about 72 right now.hardly anyone here, maybe 25 of us in group 2. Only two yellows, no crashes any run offs. R6 is running well but with the Arrow i'll need a retune, its not running off flat on top but dropping off in power. I had the suspension worked on last month and turn in is much better. Carrying much more speed into 1. Using brakes much less and letting the bike run off post apex. No gopro as it broke on a street ride. Lap times feel much faster, chicken strips are threads.

I took my wife out there in the Mustang via some of my favorite roads through Sam Houston National forest (routes Pyro and I take when on the bikes). I looked for you but did not see you. You may have been on that track at the time. I believe I saw your trailer and car.

Right around lunch time there looked to be a wreck in Lvl 2 on the last lap of the session. Lvl1 was delay even while my wife and I were heading out. As we were heading out Lvl1 just got started. Before we even got to the tunnel I saw a red flag being waved at corner 2. Someone in lvl1 went down on that first lap.

I took photos while my wife and I were spectating at corner 10. I will post a link to photos soon.

Dude that stinks I hate running love bicycles easier on the body

6 months and no issues until yesterday. As good as I feel today I think it was just a muscle pull or crap yesterday. I tell you what though... that was some of the worst pain I had ever been in and I lived most of my life in chronic pain. Just glad my wife was up that early on a Saturday to come pick me up.

I am really bumbed I did not make it. As Pete says there was hardly anyone out there. That and 75 degree temps and low humidity. It would have been THE perfect track day.

Back