test ride- possibly

pigs

Hey guys, what's goin' on.

I'm going with some friends tomorrow to a harley dealership.

One of them bought a "nightster" in another town and is picking it up tomorrow. We're all riding down to take a look and hang out.

I was thinking about taking a harley out for a test ride should the opportunity arise.

What should I ride? Obviously there won't be anything close to the FZ1, but I've never even ridden one before, so I figure, why not. What should I try?

:chat:

Thanks

( in my previous thread I rant about the stereotypical riders/owners but I don't think that should reflect on the bikes... unless... test riding one turns me into an asshole...:p )

Last edited:
See if they've got any Buell's left. I've ridden a couple and they are kinda neat. Nothing I'd ever want to own but a fun ride nonetheless. Other than that I've no experience with Harley's but I'd like to take a V-Rod out for a good thrashing!

The "Nighster" or the "48" are kind of neat and have that old school look to them, but I guess you can try out your friend's ride anytime down the road.

About the only one I would consider test riding would be the XR1200:

2009-Harley-Davidson-XR1200f.jpg

The "Nighster" or the "48" are kind of neat and have that old school look to them, but I guess you can try out your friend's ride anytime down the road.

About the only one I would consider test riding would be the XR1200:

2009-Harley-Davidson-XR1200f.jpg

i'm not really one for cruisers, but if i was ever going to get one it would be something like that.

i'm not really one for cruisers, but if i was ever going to get one it would be something like that.

This is more of a standard bike like the FZ1 than a cruiser. Comes with decent sized tires and brakes, but a bit under powered. Given all the aftermarket stuff for H-D I am sure that could be remedied. However, it's still a long and heavy bike...

The XR1200 is pretty nice. I've actually ridden Buell's quite a few times, but they all felt slow. I liked the Ulysses though, comfortable.

I'd like to give the 1125cr a go. We'll see I suppose. Take off is 11:30am ;) Sunny and 75 predicted tomorrow :D

Well, I figured I'd update the thread. The douchebaggery knows no bounds for the Harley dealership aswell as the owners.

What should have been a quick hour visit and get on the road turned into a 5 hour ordeal. Included were such classic poor customer service lines like.. "we don't know where the bike is", and "err, no we didn't install the extras you already paid for, come back in an hour and a half".

I actually left and went home, yep, left my friends at the dealership. I said screw it, I'm not wasting anymore time. As it turns out I would have had a 2 hour ride home at 55 or less for the new rider. So I'm glad I left.

The FZ1 got me home in an hour ;) F$*KING love my bike.

Edit: I didn't even bother asking for a test ride. All they bikes they had looked like shit... to be honest.

Sorry to hear about that experience at the dealer. Sounds all too typical...then they wonder why people call them "stealerships". I guess they are not all the same, but there are not too many good ones around here either. If you find a good dealership consider yourself lucky and stick with them.

Well, I figured I'd update the thread. The douchebaggery knows no bounds for the Harley dealership aswell as the owners.

What should have been a quick hour visit and get on the road turned into a 5 hour ordeal. Included were such classic poor customer service lines like.. "we don't know where the bike is", and "err, no we didn't install the extras you already paid for, come back in an hour and a half".

I actually left and went home, yep, left my friends at the dealership. I said screw it, I'm not wasting anymore time. As it turns out I would have had a 2 hour ride home at 55 or less for the new rider. So I'm glad I left.

The FZ1 got me home in an hour ;) F$*KING love my bike.

Edit: I didn't even bother asking for a test ride. All they bikes they had looked like shit... to be honest.
Welcome to the world of Harley Davidson, in about two or three visits to the dealership, you will find out why they are on the downhill .......customer service......or lack there-of. Of course there exemptions, but without due searching out the 'good' shops, I'm afraid your in for alot of dissapointment in that reguard. The bikes.......their pretty good, it's just that their very antiquated in terms of design, but structurally wise, probably fairly tough due to the types of alloys used in the Aluminum castings. Their fun and the feel of the torque is a gas. But honestly, after owning a Sporty ironhead and a Buell, I would never likely go back to an HD product, there's still hope for the VROD however, but they'll likely discontinue it if they havent already. Good luck if you do jump in.

PS.

For those in Southern California, one dealership comes to mind as exceptional, and that is Pomona HD, other than that, well good luck....especially with a Buell.

for the record I had no intention of buying a HD or Buell. I was just there for a friend who had purchased a HD Nightster.

As its been said. Harley's are like dogs, they sit in the back of your pick-up and leak all over the place. But any ways just wanted to say there is definatley something about harley dealers and treating people like garbage. Theres a local shop here that could be real cool it was built out of salvaged steel from the old geneva plant and its a real cool looking store but the employes are complete morons. This is partly why I have a hard time with harley, that and they just arent my type of ride.

Back