Tax Disc holder - Location????

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is making the most out of the dry weather we have been having recently. I have clocked up 6000 miles since last September when I acquired my 2008 FZ1 (abs) :)

However I have a small and niggly issue. My tax is now coming up to its expiry date and I have just renewed it. The old tax disc holder was screwed into the side of the rear hugger directly above the swing arm. To be honest it looks like a good place to put it.
The tax disc is upright and the hinge of the holder looks as if it has been bent at 90 degrees so it sits upright (if that makes sense)

However It appears that the holder itself is 5 years old and is a bit rusty. I am looking to replace it but the ones I see on E-bay look solid steel.

I am going to order one anyway and bend it 90 degrees so it fits in the same way the old one did, and just hope that it doesnt break lol.

If that doesnt work, where do other people have their tax discs on their Fazers? Thanks in advance

Daz

Here's a carbon fiber one... Oxford TaxCarbon Motorcycle Tax Disc Holder | Motorbike Monster

of746-on_bike.jpg

Back