Taking ur pet riding

We have discussed this for a few years and we want to take Star with us on vacations instead of leaving her with someone.Does anybody on here ride with thier dog? We are gonna do a test run by modifying a milk crate she is a shelty about 22 lbs. it should be easy to attach gonna put her on the Vstar which has a sissy bar I even have an extra rear set which I could permanantly attach something to.I think she would love going on vacation with us and I love having my pup with me all the time.I have seen carriers out there but they are quite expensive.something should be able to be built for relativly little money:sport12:

Get a top rack and modify a Shad case with a small seat, seat belt hookup for a doggie harness and put a hole on the top for her head to stick out. Mount a small windshield on it to block her wind. If the case is big enough, she can even curl up and lay down out of the wind. :tup:

Something like this is what I had in mind.

petcarrier6.jpg

If you go the milk crate method.... well..... just saying!

6a00d83451580669e201157126fe91970c-500wi

Last edited:
I would suggest you give Mitt Romney a call, he has some experience in this area :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzROK6s1KE8"]Mitt Romney Admits To 12-Hour Trip With Dog On Roof - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
My friend Mike rides with his dog Spanky. The dog loves it and has never fallen off. He is actually now quite famous at the Gap.....The dog that is. LOL

When Mikes bike fires up Spanky is begging to go.

Here's one on a red FZ1...
6a00e54ed05fc2883301157097b633970b-500wi

This was called "Road Hound" pet carrier for motorcycles. It looks to attach to a rear shelf where a trunk might attach. I didn't research it more that that...

Road-Hound-Dog-Carrier.gif

My friend Mike rides with his dog Spanky. The dog loves it and has never fallen off. He is actually now quite famous at the Gap.....The dog that is. LOL

When Mikes bike fires up Spanky is begging to go.

That's great! He should get the dog some riding gear...lol

Back