swingarm sliders

For the Gen II there is a small screw hole down the bottom for bolting on rear wheel track stand knobs. That is what these sliders use.
Personally I would not think that the small diameter bolt will hold up to the loads on it if the bike goes over and slides on it. Thats why some of us prefer the ones that slot into the swing arm.

I have the Shogun Carbon S5's. I can tell you that they will never help in an accident. They are just too short. The exhaust on the right side will hit before they do, and on the left side, I think that it wouldn't do much good either. I think they are more for rear stands than anything.

anybody have these?

or something like them?

Shogun Swing Arm Sliders Yamaha R1 / R6 / FZ1 - RevZilla

just wondering where they actually bolt to, and if its a straight bolt in or if theres a bracket or something that needs to be fabricated - another forum member came into some delrin and were gonna try cutting some frame sliders, but just wanna make sure were gonna be able to mount them and everything right

That is location is not for sliders it's for spools for a stand. If you go down with sliders in that location they will be ripped off breaking the bolt off or in the worse case the swing arm. Better to use small spools for your stand there and put your sliders in the axle. I speak from experience.

For the Gen II there is a small screw hole down the bottom for bolting on rear wheel track stand knobs. That is what these sliders use.
Personally I would not think that the small diameter bolt will hold up to the loads on it if the bike goes over and slides on it. Thats why some of us prefer the ones that slot into the swing arm.

Surprisingly enough, I've gone down on a couple of bikes with swingarm spools on them, and the little bolt actually holds up.

OP, you can get them for cheaper. I picked some up at cycle gear for 10$

Surprisingly enough, I've gone down on a couple of bikes with swingarm spools on them, and the little bolt actually holds up.

OP, you can get them for cheaper. I picked some up at cycle gear for 10$

I just ripped a one off. (12 days ago in a high side fall) The hardened bolt snapped off in the swing arm. Then I snapped the drill bit off in the bolt. Luckily the drill bit snapped down inside the hole. But the easy out could not go deep enough in the hole to grip. So I cut my easy out with my dremel so the the easy out was larger at the end and griped the bolt and got it out. What a hassle!

What you guys are talking about are paddock stand bobbins.

This is my swingarm slider and paddock stand bobbins 'insitu'...

msilc.jpg

Here is the other protection I use.
Frame sliders, engine casing sliders and fork sliders.

2vjvg29.jpg

Back