swingarm extension?

mjfreuland

I'm looking to extend my swingarm about 4-6 inches. I'm wondering exactly what it would take in terms of prts to do this? Would I need new cables, chain things like that?

I'm looking to extend my swingarm about 4-6 inches. I'm wondering exactly what it would take in terms of prts to do this? Would I need new cables, chain things like that?

I'm sure new longer chain and longer rear brake line will be needed. jlewis02 already mentioned the R1 extension.

It is going to steer like a big lazy cruiser.

But it will launch like crazy. One of my friends has a ZX-10R stretched about 6". Thing just takes off, but turns like crap.

IMO unless you are going to drag it all the time, don't bother.

There is really no point, especially when you can get extremely low 10's on the 1/4 with the thing in stock form. Just strap the front when you want to drag it.

The bike just does not have enough power IMO to warrent having the extention. If you are looking for 8's or 9's out of the 1/4 mile, it wont happen on a stretched FZ1. There is just no more power available even after the mods you are maxxing at around 150 RWHP. There is always nitrous, but even at that point... Why bother?

Back