Swapping seats

RavenFZ1

I may be going out on a limb here, but it's worth a shot. I currently have a Top Saddlery seat, and in all honesty it just doesn't seem to suit my preferences. The hump on the back of the seat (that many people love because it holds you in place) annoys me because I like sitting far back on the seat, and I prefer a slightly firmer seat whereas this one is more "plush".
So the big favor I'm asking is, would any of you guys who live in cold climates who are going to be hibernating your bike for the winter be willing to ship your Sargent, Corbin, or Yamaha gel seat to me for a week or two so I can try before I waste a chunk of money on buying a seat that may not suit me? It should only cost $10 or so to ship priority mail within the US, and of course I will be glad to contribute a little bit extra as thanks for letting me borrow your seat. Unfortunately I don't know ANYBODY locally that owns an FZ1, or I would just ask one of them to swap instead of bugging my friends here on the forum.

If I had one of those, I'd do it for you but I'm also on the TS seat.

Is your seat the standard or did you order the long option? I have the long.

Perhaps, if there is an unsatisfied Sargent or Corbin user here, you two can swap and if it is mutual, just make it permanent? Both ride away happy!

If I had one of those, I'd do it for you but I'm also on the TS seat.

Is your seat the standard or did you order the long option? I have the long.

Perhaps, if there is an unsatisfied Sargent or Corbin user here, you two can swap and if it is mutual, just make it permanent? Both ride away happy!

I have the long and lowered option, but still it makes me feel a bit "crowded" against the tank most of the time. I have added a half gel/half memory foam pad under the cover as well. If I found one of the other seats to be more comfortable, a trade would certainly be a consideration! All said and done I have over $500 invested in the TS seats and they are very nice looking in black with grey stitching.

After reading tons of reviews it looks like the Sargent would likely be the closest to what I am looking for, and I see that they have a 30 day guarantee through which you can return the seat if you are not happy so I guess I don't have much to lose.

Last edited:
After reading tons of reviews it looks like the Sargent would likely be the closest to what I am looking for, and I see that they have a 30 day guarantee through which you can return the seat if you are not happy so I guess I don't have much to lose.

That's what I did-twice! Actually, I purchased my first Sargent from Motorcycle-Superstore. The saddle was comfortable, however Sargent uses a welt on top which bothered my legs. I sent the seat back, no problem. I then contacted Sargent and they made me one w/o the welt. Unfortunately, the contours of this one were different than the first and not to my liking, so, back to Sargent for a full refund. Next, I purchased a slightly used Corbin off eBay. The Corbin was the saddle I was looking for, but didn't know it. Not locked into a position so I can move up on the tank and lean off the bike in the twisties, and easily move back when cruising on the highway. Corbin is a perfect fit for me. (don't think they have a return for refund policy) BTW, I ride year round.

I appreciate the input. After hours of reading reviews and threads I ordered a Sargent seat without the welt as the welt seemed to be the only real complaint about this seat in all the reviews. I would still be thrilled if somebody had a Corbin that I could borrow for a week or two as this would allow me to compare the two seats back to back... I could even post a nice comparison review on the forums! This way I will also know I truly chose the best seat for me and can help guide others in their choice. Too bad Corbin doesn't have the same 30 day guarantee or I might have just ordered both and sent the one I liked less back.

Back