Suspension Matters

John 1

Hi Guys, Sorry I have been off site for a while,but I have been visiting family in Atlanta.G.....My FZ1N stayed at home in England,waiting for its first service. Well,thats been carried out now,and I have started to open it up. No shortage of power there!!!!.I am glad that I took the time and trouble to find the best suspension set-up to suit the country lanes and B roads,where I get most of my kicks/enjoyment. After trying all manner of settings and combinations, I settled on Standard factory settings for the front forks, and 1 click softer on the rear preload,coupled with standard rebound setting. (It did seem a long way round to settle on almost standard settings,as supplied, but I am glad I did).......I have added two new pieces of equipment. 1st.is a Fly screen by "Ermax",(my bike is the naked version,which I didn't see any of in the U.S.)The screen is black to match the bike. Nice bit of kit,but I didn't like the mounting brackets,as they utilised the top fork-yoke pinch bolt. I believe that that bit of ironmongery should be left to do just the job it was intended for,so I manufactured some new "hidden" brackets,which worked out fine...2nd. was a Rentec grab-rail. This really was well made and fitted perfectly first time. The only thing I had to do extra was to "ease" the pillion seat latch,as with the rail fitted,it was a little reluctant to latch properly.
I am very pleased with my bike now,but, sods law has decreed that the weather has now turned bad here,and I am not getting the chance to ride it very often. Looking forward to Spring!!!!!!!!

Hey John, were you able to get any riding in over here in GA? I haven't heard of that windshield. Maybe you can post a couple of shots of both the shield and the grab rails.

P.S. Welcome back!

John the reason you didn't see any FZ1N over here in the US is that they were never offered here. Well never offered for sale by Yamaha anyway, but a few few people have done the European "naked" conversion. Post up some pics of your ride when you get a chance...

Back