Supertrapp muffler?

NightTrain

SuperTrapp: Performance Exhaust

I was looking at these, thinking I might try one. I dig the old-school muscle bike look it has, and ofcourse the tunability. Whether it would fit the lines of the bike perfect, I dunno. Maybe someone out there is a photoshop wizard, and could try mating the two together. Or if anyone has actually used one, I'd like some feedback. I've heard them on other bikes and thought they had a great, throaty sound (volume depending totally on the disk's used). so if you have an opinion, lets hear it.

Ofcourse if I get one and decide I don't like it, I'll just use it on my truck as a side exit set-up, the Dodge 318 v8 should dound pretty good with one of these.

Last edited:
I think I remember seeing that before.Pretty cool but my idea was to use the Mivv mid-pipe and one of the can's that is shown in the link I put up. I personally don't care for the really short/stubby exhaust set up's (again I think his set-up is cool, but not my preference). The fact that you can taylor the sound/torque to your liking is a plus. if I get it and dont like the looks I'll put it on my Dodge Ram, make a side exit exhaust. Wish I was a photo-chop expert so I could try doing a mock-up first.

You might want to call SuperTrap and speak with them. The different sizes available are all rated for engine sizes and HP so one that works on the FZ1 likely will not work on a large V6 or any V8. The smallest one they make also will not work on a liter bike as well. :D The install PDF gives you a basic idea if you download it from their site.

Don't forget the stealth look supertrapps either. I've got one on my Bandit 400.

bandit400.jpg

Still uses the disk system, but they are internal. I still have to fiddle with the carbs on this bike, my winter/spring project, and haven't as of yet fiddled with the disks themselves. Should be fun though and it does sound good.

Back