Sunday 10/10/10, who else road today?

bsly

Sunday 10/10/10, who else road today? (video added)

So who else got out today and if so, where did you ride and what other bikes did you ride with? :shine:

Gorgeous Ohio weather had us modify our Sunday plans to include half a day of riding. We set out on four bikes at 11am (FZ1, FJR, 650R & an SV650) for a total of 161 miles of riding, including some fine twisty country highways. We tried a fabulous road none of us had ridden before offering lots of fun curves without any need to speed (Rt 646 in Ohio between Scio and Wintersville). We also stopped at Tappan Resevoir for a few pics and a rest.

We traveled about ten miles of road more suited to an ATV than a street bike! It was covered with grit, gravel, dried mud, asphalt patches & road apples, plus full of sharp turns, blind hills & did I mention the gravel? Doing 15MPH was scarey on this road! It was one of those situations where you keep thinking "maybe we should turn around", but your also thinking "it can't be too much further to the next good highway" and we are already so far committed I hated to lose time back tracking. We won't ever be riding that particular road again! I did enjoy the scenery because it was in the top of the hills along a deep valley that resembled riding on a small mountain. My wife was not a happy camper and said the only thing she saw the entire time we were on that road was her life flashing before her eyes! LOL

A few pics from our day:

Last edited:
The last three days were text-book Indian Summer weather. Warm, sunny, and gorgeous. Spent most of last Friday getting new skins on the FZ. Then spent most of Saturday/Sunday scrubbing them in. The Fall colors were absolutely mind-blowing, and the bike likes the (somewhat) cooler temps.

The end of another riding season is such sweet sorrow......................

Falls Last Hoorah

The last really nice weekend here so I was out in the Alberta backcountry. Riding with a KLX 250 and my KLR 650;

makingrepairs.jpg

took my ride out for a short spin around looking for an interesting gps-route, but did not had much time to go far...when riding along noticed a truckloading dock and remembered the riding game challenge I suggested, so I thought what the heck, let me share a picture :teeter:

My wife & I rode the gulf coast from Panama City Beach, FL to Gulfport, MS.

We were off planning a vacation with friends to Den's part of the world.

I rode that day with my wife on her Ninja 250 in the parking lot, continuing her training, with my daughter on the back for the first time instead of between me and the tank.

I added a video link

Here is a link to a video I made from our Sunday ride.

Tappan Lake Ride on Vimeo

Its nothing special, just cruising through the countryside at the speed limit and paired to some classic 80s rock. :Rockon:

I recomend a fast connection speed to watch the video

Back