Suggestions on mesh jacket and pants

Rex D.

I've gotting so used to wearing leathers ALL time I feel naked and vulnerable without them. Now, summers here are HOT but bone dry so as long as I am moving there is good evaporative cooling (sorry about that to those in the humid part of the country!). However I would like to look into getting a set of mesh or leather/mesh hybrid jacket and pants for better airflow. I need the usual armor at the elbow, shoulders, back, and knees, and if possible at the hips but that last one may not be an option. Oh, and the outfit should be cool looking (not the temp.) as well. I'd like to hear some personal reviews from those wearing mesh or hybrids.
Thanks!

I love my Castle jacket and pants, jacket is perferated leather with removable liner that breaths really well for me, and pants to match it. They both have armor everywhere work great for me.

I wear Joe Rocket jackets only because they fit my body type....and the variety.
I have the full textile and a full mesh (Corona model) both are great. There higher end mesh is better and pretty heavy...my mesh is a lot heavier than the textile...weird....
Just the ventilation differenc from the textile to the mesh is unbelievable.
I may wear my Joe Rocket leather jacket once a year.......

I wear Joe Rocket mesh jacket and pants. Good fit. They have officially licensed Yamaha jacket with the 'stripes' theme, logo on chest and sleeves, etc. Available in red, blue, black themes. About $220 from various vendors. Very satisfied with it over the last year.

I wear a Joe Rocket Phoenix Mesh Jacket and I love it!!!
I think it's a simple, good looking mesh jacket that has about as much armor as you can squeeze into mesh.

Cycle Gear - JOE ROCKET: Phoenix 5.0 Mesh Motorcycle Jacket, BLACK LG

In act I like it so much that I recently lost 30 pounds and my XXL would not fit anymore. I waited until I found a XL (they were discontinued but JR started making them again). In fact I am thinking of selling my XXL so send me a PM if you are interested. ;)

Tourmaster Draft Jacket with the Venture Air pants. Great up to about 97 degrees and 90% humidity as long as you wear shorts underneath

Thanks guys for the input on the mesh gear. I was looking at Cycle Gear and saw the Joe Rocket "Yamaha" jacket but didn't see a matching pair of pants?? Is there such a thing? All the pants I've seen are black for some reason?? I have a Joe Rocket leather jacket I wear with a pair of Icon leather pants (over the pants, pants). Just needin' something alittle cooler for summer.

Thanks guys for the input on the mesh gear. I was looking at Cycle Gear and saw the Joe Rocket "Yamaha" jacket but didn't see a matching pair of pants?? Is there such a thing? All the pants I've seen are black for some reason?? I have a Joe Rocket leather jacket I wear with a pair of Icon leather pants (over the pants, pants). Just needin' something alittle cooler for summer.

Correct, there is no matching Joe Rocket mesh pants, just black. I wear the Phoenix 2.0 pants which have armor in the hips and knees. Personally, I like bikebandit.com, huge selection and quick shipping.

My opinion, you can't go wrong with TourMaster or Joe Rocket. Both offer decent bang for the buck, without paying extra for some designer ICONic logo;). Can't help on the pants, I've been looking for some too.

Nobody wearing Olympia? Not only do I wear it I also sell it. Olympia has the best track record in my department at the dealership and it is very comfortable in most types of weather due to it's versatility.

Those AutoMag over-pants are the best commuting pants ever. I wore mine all last year and up until now and I'm gonna buy a set of mesh jacket/pants for summer months. I also have the matching AutoMag Hero jacket.

I've been wearing the Coretech Gx Air 2 for a couple months now and couldn't be happier.

Before getting that I was riding around in a Joe Rocket full textile jacket with just a couple vents -- summer riding was miserable.

Back