suggested power commander map

Hi All,
I am currently planning to buy a PCV for my 2006 FZ1. I currently have a Yoshi full exhaust, K&N filter and graves flies. I have not yet modified the flies, most of the maps I saw have modified flies. What is a good map for me? Should I stick with stage 2 or 3?

Hi All,
I am currently planning to buy a PCV for my 2006 FZ1. I currently have a Yoshi full exhaust, K&N filter and graves flies. I have not yet modified the flies, most of the maps I saw have modified flies. What is a good map for me? Should I stick with stage 2 or 3?

try em both, see how you like em and report back. its a quick to change the maps, all you need is the laptop and usb cable.
also, don't waste your time on modifying the flies. better bet is flash the ecu as well, smooths out everyone on the bike and will help get rid of the throttle snatch issues on the 06

It took awhile but I got my PCV installed. I used the map suggested by Dynojet which was the map for a Yoshinura TRC Full exhaust with a stock or aftermarket filter.
I am a newbie wen it comes to the fueling maps but noticed that the map seemed to have added fuel where other maps reduced fuel. I compared to the map pack that is on the forum and their other maps.

From riding it though, I definitely feel like the engine is much smoother throughout the RPM range. The initial low point in 1st gear is much improved and I feel the power earlier. Where I used to be cruising at 6k RPM (so it did not feel so sluggish and jerky) now I am cruising along at 4k and using my higher gears more.

All in all I am very happy, I plan on trying the other maps, maybe Whittlebeast maps next.

Back