Stress Crack In Frame on 2007 FZ1

My wife always says I have a mouth like a truck driver :) ( no offense to truck drivers ) lol.

I don't think anything is wrong with the design of the frame. Probably just bad welds. Someone may have put the wrong numbers into the robotic welder. I'm sure he was compelled to commit ritual suicide after the mistake was found .

I believe that one of the FZ1OA members who worked through a frame replacement was told by Yamaha that some frames did not have a "triple-pass" done at assembly. Given the gusset and the visible junction, I'd guess that one weld on the inside is missing/incorrect, thus too much stress occurs on the exterior weld.

Mine is a 2009 and I still check it all the time. I check my wife's 2007 much more often as I worry more about hers than mine.

I believe that one of the FZ1OA members who worked through a frame replacement was told by Yamaha that some frames did not have a "triple-pass" done at assembly. Given the gusset and the visible junction, I'd guess that one weld on the inside is missing/incorrect, thus too much stress occurs on the exterior weld.

Mine is a 2009 and I still check it all the time. I check my wife's 2007 much more often as I worry more about hers than mine.

I check my 2011 frame often myself, better safe than sorry. I'm one of those types that checks tire pressure and gives the bike a once over almost every time I ride it . Hell I even check the lawnmower oil before I start it. My wife found me under her Pathfinder the other day and says " what are you doing now ! " Just checking things out honey :) found a missing bolt on the skid plate and a lose exhaust shield. Some think I'm a bit crazy but I enjoy tinkering and its payed off many times.......... Like when I found a rotted/leaking brake line on my dump truck the day before picking up 3 tons of soil :)

Yamaha canada Really came through for me! considering the bike is 7 years old and I'm the third owner, they replaced the frame and covered all the labour. needless to say the bill would have been over 3k$ new frame has noticably better welds that look to have a deeper pooling. cant wait to ride again!

Yamaha canada Really came through for me! considering the bike is 7 years old and I'm the third owner, they replaced the frame and covered all the labour. needless to say the bill would have been over 3k$ new frame has noticably better welds that look to have a deeper pooling. cant wait to ride again!

MAN! That's good stuff! I haven't heard of Yamaha refusing anyone before. Too bad they made those mistakes - but they are still trying to make it right for people. Ya gotta give em some credit.

That's great for you !! And its good to see a company stand behind its product seven years later and not charge you a dime.

Common issue! went thru it with minw, yamaha was never intended to replace it as bike was imported from UK.
welder did fantastic job improving factory flows without even taking bike apart:bowdown:
Hello Alex I have a 2006 one since 2007 with 47000km and noticed my frame is starting to crack how did your went in the long run still good ?were you happy with the decision to weld? Thanks and ride safe.

Back