Strange Noise

I purchased a 2007 FZ1 at the beginning of October and I have started to notice a strange noise coming from the engine. This probably isn't the best description but it sounds like a rattling/scraping noise most noticeable on the left side. At first, I that valve noise, the bike has just over 26k miles on it, but this didn't make sense because the noise is intermittent and I only notice it when at a stop. It doesn't make a difference if the bike is in gear or in neutral or if I have the clutch engaged or disengaged. I changed the oil as soon as I got the bike and it doesn't sound like any "bottom end" noise that I have ever heard. The bike goes like stink and doesn't run hot. I also ruled out the radiator fans, when they turn on there is no additional/change in the noise. Again, I am baffled because it is intermittent. It kind of sounds like when a bearing goes dry. I am pulling the stator/rotor today to inspect that area of the engine. If anyone has any feedback/advice, I'd love to hear it. If I discover something new, I will update this post. Thank you to you all!

Back