Straight Bars

MallyX

Hi All,

Am having a few wrist ache problems after riding my FZ1N after a few hours

Anybody changed the standard bars over to drag / straight bars, as I think this might cure my aches and pains

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi All,

Am having a few wrist ache problems after riding my FZ1N after a few hours

Anybody changed the standard bars over to drag / straight bars, as I think this might cure my aches and pains

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated :)

I originally had straight bars on my 01' when I bought it. I switched to the stock bars back in July and it only took me 2 weeks to go back to the straight again. For me, the straight bars are much better in terms of comfort and handling. I won't go back to the stock bars.

I have broomstick bars on mine and love 'em, but it took a little while to get used to a perfectly straight bar. It'll feel like they're bent out backward at first.

Just remember that a perfectly straight bar may have clearance issues. I would find out the length of the bars you want to get and then fab up a scrap piece of 7/8" pipe to make sure before dropping any money on them.

Thanks for the link

Yup that's them, although at $90 + postage, I think I'll stick to UK spec bars - £23:00 including p+p

Have ordered a 29" long pair, which should be here by Friday, hopefully next weekend will be decent riding whether, although I'm told there's a cold front heading our way

Thanks for the link

Yup that's them, although at $90 + postage, I think I'll stick to UK spec bars - £23:00 including p+p

Have ordered a 29" long pair, which should be here by Friday, hopefully next weekend will be decent riding whether, although I'm told there's a cold front heading our way

Chrome cost money, don't cha know....:poke:
Looks like you got a better deal.

As long as "Cold Front" doesn't mean this;

IMAG0015.jpg

Then you should be fine.

Refers to a style of bar, so named for its dead straight shape "straight as a broom stick" a company named Flanders makes them. They are more popular with the cruiser crowd. check here, although many cruiser part places will have them. This was just a random Google search result; MeanCycles - - HANDLEBARS - FLANDERS

I really want a lower bar vs stock, I have looked @ the broom stick bar, but is there a real difference in position etc with BSBs, and 18 degree drag bars, that have a bit of a angle too them?

Straight bars, eh? Ya had me there for a minute...

If it's comfort you are after, place your hands out in front of yourself, without looking at the bars. Look at the natural angle of your knuckles/fist, then find some bars that fit that angle. You can probably find the correct bend in bars of several heights. For me, bars have to have some angle to be comfortable.

Back