Stolen 09 FZ1

Phil_RC_1

My bike was stolen from my garage on 07-21-13 around 4:30 A.M. There is still no word from the cops. I wanted to wait and see if they could find my FZ1 (I really liked that bike!!), but, My insurance just paid off so I went out this past Saturday and bought a leftover 2012 Ninja 1000. (Z1000sx or N1K)

Now to start getting the N1K to the same "spec" that I had my FZ1,,,, it's just time and $$$$$$!!!!!!!! Time to call Ivan and see what he offers for this beast.

phil_rc_1-albums-family-picture3820-fleet-08-10-13.jpg

The family as of 08-10-13

If you see this bike, please report it! A few of the things that set it apart are in my sig.

phil_rc_1-albums-ebay-cowl-greece-picture3022-09-fz1-cowl-012.jpg

Sorry to hear about the theft. That was a great looking FZ1. Totally sucks to have your personal things taken from you. The Kawi looks super though! I'm always checking C.L. in case I see stuff for sale, I'll keep my eyes open for ya!

I thought I found it on CL... and did. Pic alone, I knew it was yours, then I read the ad and it's the one you posted reporting it stolen. ;) Sorry for the loss!

Did you have additional coverage on it for mods? Did the insurance cover any of it?

We bought an extra $6k of coverage on both our FZ1s then documented all of the mods and backed them up with receipts. If mine was stolen today, I'd get about $14k back... plenty to go get a used one and get me back to where I was on mods. ;)

Hope they can find it and catch 'em down the road so they don't make anyone else's lives miserable.

Did you have additional coverage on it for mods? Did the insurance cover any of it?

We bought an extra $6k of coverage on both our FZ1s then documented all of the mods and backed them up with receipts. If mine was stolen today, I'd get about $14k back... plenty to go get a used one and get me back to where I was on mods. ;)

Hope they can find it and catch 'em down the road so they don't make anyone else's lives miserable.

The insurance would have covered a percentage of my mods "IF" I still had all the receipts. I had NONE! :looseit:

Even though I'm not a big fan of how the insurance industry typically conducts business, (I feel they TAKE your $$$ every month,, for years,,, thousands upon thousands of $$$, then when it comes time to cover a claim, which IS the whole point of me giving them this money, they do everything possible to screw you!! Rant over!!) Liberty Mutual gave me a fair price for the bike alone, above KBB, and NADA.

Oops! Well, this is a benefit of living with an Accountant who also happened to work for Liberty Mutual... Every penny spent generates a receipt (or I get my arse chewed). So, it was easy to pull out all the documentation for the insurance agent (We left LM when she quit her job there). I encourage everyone to do the same with your bike/mods. Keep it well documented, pictures, and track everything.

We are now with Hanover for the bikes. They cover $3k on the mods with the base package we purchased. The extra $3k had to have documents in the form of photos and receipts but that extra coverage was only $6 a month for BOTH bikes.

BTW, did I tell you we have an awesome agent? He also quit LM and started his own brokerage. He thinks of EVERY possible solution for an insurance issue and HE is the one who fights our claims for us. Love this guy!!

Glad they gave you at least a decent settlement outside of the mods.

One question? Were the keys kept in the bike when it was in the garage? Or did they take the bike without keys at all?

One question? Were the keys kept in the bike when it was in the garage? Or did they take the bike without keys at all?

All the keys for the vehicles in the garage are kept in the top drawer of the unlocked tool box. A toolbox top drawer is probably almost as obvious as keeping the keys in the bikes (LOL),, I know that's the first place I would look for keys. So they had keys, took my newest helmet, and my Tourmaster air-intake jacket. Thanks to me, they're setup pretty nice,,, ready to tour on their day off.

smetherfrsacknfrofercrungnbstdrdsm%$#@f&^*(*& s*&^o*&$#a%&^%B$#@@# SOB's

I need to quit thinking about it, it's gonna gimme a heart attack!!!!!!!!!

All the keys for the vehicles in the garage are kept in the top drawer of the unlocked tool box. A toolbox top drawer is probably almost as obvious as keeping the keys in the bikes (LOL),, I know that's the first place I would look for keys. So they had keys, took my newest helmet, and my Tourmaster air-intake jacket. Thanks to me, they're setup pretty nice,,, ready to tour on their day off.

smetherfrsacknfrofercrungnbstdrdsm%$#@f&^*(*& s*&^o*&$#a%&^%B$#@@# SOB's

I need to quit thinking about it, it's gonna gimme a heart attack!!!!!!!!!

Oh man that sucks :(

Don't blame yourself too much though. If they wanted the bike bad enough they would have taken it anyway...

Back