stock horn

did a search------riding home from work a cage tried to come in my lane. his window is up and heard me as i lay on the horn. he went back and i waved as i went by. stock horn impressed me.

Get one of these an you'll be really impressed:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/PIAA-85110-115db-400HZ-Sports/dp/B00067BWBI]Amazon.com: PIAA 85110 115db 400HZ + 500HZ Sports Horn: Automotive[/ame]

guess mine is on the weak side b/c the last time I used it -- I heard them laugh.

I've used a crack of the throttle with better results than the horn.

Adam

guess mine is on the weak side b/c the last time I used it -- I heard them laugh.

I've used a crack of the throttle with better results than the horn.

Adam

Thats what I was going to say. I might as well not have a horn on my Gen1. They are rated just above bicycle horns! Worthless. I am going to go with an upgrade but I want it mounted properly and out of the way.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XblLdnYzYm8"]YouTube - Stebel Horn on Triumph 1050 Tiger[/ame]

although mounting on the FZ might be challenging....

In 10 years of riding I cannot remember the last time I used my horn.

If someone is coming into my lane I accelerate, decelerate, or lane change out of the situation. Or lane split.

You don't want to startle cage drivers as you don't know what reaction or over-reaction may occur. (unless your blowing by them and then their actions have no effect on you since you are already well in front of them and pulling away)

In 10 years of riding I cannot remember the last time I used my horn.

If someone is coming into my lane I accelerate, decelerate, or lane change out of the situation. Or lane split.

You don't want to startle cage drivers as you don't know what reaction or over-reaction may occur. (unless your blowing by them and then their actions have no effect on you since you are already well in front of them and pulling away)

It's good advice. I don't use my horn much in the car or on the bike but there are times I like to give a little "I'm here" noise. The horn's pretty anemic but the stock horn on many bikes are.

Installed Stebel horn over the weekend.
Cut voltage regulator bracket for new horn.
up_on1-albums-gen1-stebel-air-horn-install-picture1627-old-voltage-regulator-bracket-after-cutting.jpg

Now I have new bracket for horn.
up_on1-albums-gen1-stebel-air-horn-install-picture1629-horn-bracket-top.jpg

Horn and bracket after paint
up_on1-albums-gen1-stebel-air-horn-install-picture1634-horn-bracket-after-paint.jpg

New voltage regulator bracket
up_on1-albums-gen1-stebel-air-horn-install-picture1631-new-voltage-relocate-bracket.jpg

New voltage regulator connection (changed wires to 12 gauge with water proof connector)
up_on1-albums-gen1-stebel-air-horn-install-picture1632-voltage-regulator-relocate-connection.jpg

New horn relay
up_on1-albums-gen1-stebel-air-horn-install-picture1633-horn-relay.jpg

Oops. I forgot to take a picture of horn on motorcycle. :)

Last edited:
Back