Stock header vs Yoshimura header

I am glad this post reappeared. I am strongly considering a Yosh r-77 full exhaust system and a PV5. Will there be a significant improvement in low end tq? I really could care less about more hp, sound and aesthetics, but the low end grunt as well as the lighter weight appeals to me.

Blanchy, I appreciate the reply. Has this exhaust and PCV made a very significant difference in performance? I have talked to folks at Revzilla here in the states and they tell me that an Autotune isn't necessary. I live in the Eastern US with an altitude of under 1000' sea level. What are your thoughts on that? Also has the exhaust interfered with the center stand or any other components of the bike? Thanks again,

Sloppy

Blanchy, I appreciate the reply. Has this exhaust and PCV made a very significant difference in performance? I have talked to folks at Revzilla here in the states and they tell me that an Autotune isn't necessary. I live in the Eastern US with an altitude of under 1000' sea level. What are your thoughts on that? Also has the exhaust interfered with the center stand or any other components of the bike? Thanks again,

Sloppy
1. Performance = A big yes. 2 Autotune not necessary with a good map. Ivan's Flash is a good addition but not absolutely necessary and includes maps. 3. Although Yoshi says its not made for use with the stand (the Yoshi has a spot for the stopper to fit?), it works very well with it. Sounds less clunky when the stand hits the stop too. For installation though I recommend fitting the system with the bike on the side stand as the spring for the center stand does rub on the mid pipe when down (Not a problem) but makes fitting hard with the stand down. No hesitation in recommending the Yoshi R77 but if you're a bit slack in maintenance you might want to go full stainless as the carbon can, could burn if you don't repack it when it's needed. They say 5000ml I think but that is probably conservative.

Back