Stock Exhaust Gen II

Great condition. $100 plus shipping.

DSC00362.jpg

Also consider trading for A-Star boots, preferably black/white. Size 11.5.

Thanks
Chuck

hey i know it's been two months but do you still have it?
another questions is would they fit on 02 fz1?
thanks

It is so design specific that I doubt it would fit on a Gen 1. The Gen 1 cans sit back and much higher than the Gen 2 cans, which are shaped to clear the swing arm. The Gen 1 EXUP valve is in the collector and the Gen 2 is in the connector pipe on the can.

You should be able to find a much lighter option for your Gen 1 bike. Maybe talk to Billy about the one he is taking off.

alright thanks for your input
I just got my 02 yesterday and the stock pipe is messed up w/tech is throwing the 7k code. I saw the one billy has but it's wayyy out of my budget.
the question of interchangability came to my mind when I was searching on craigslist and there were couple of good gen2 and fz6 and r6 pipes that i can afford.
So, basically i should just stick to finding a can from gen1?
are there any other bikes that would fit gen1? (i found 07 R6 stock exhaust system for $100)

alright thanks for your input
I just got my 02 yesterday and the stock pipe is messed up w/tech is throwing the 7k code. I saw the one billy has but it's wayyy out of my budget.
the question of interchangability came to my mind when I was searching on craigslist and there were couple of good gen2 and fz6 and r6 pipes that i can afford.
So, basically i should just stick to finding a can from gen1?
are there any other bikes that would fit gen1? (i found 07 R6 stock exhaust system for $100)

There are other cans that will fit, one of the members here put a GSXR titainium can and it looked good. Hopefully they will chime in. A lot of times people will sell the stock cans cheap just to get rid of them.

thanks again, yeah i know people are trying to get rid of stocks for cheap, good for me since i can't afford the hi-tech stuff yet.
i am looking for a can that is really short, some thing that just comes up till swingarm?
I dont need to worry about passenger pegs since i don't ride two up anyways, and want to remove them, i want that clean look :)
the r6 exhaust is perfect size, can it be used as slip on? with few mods? because i am thinking all the header pipes end under the bike, then there's extension pipe that takes the stock can up and back to meet the passenger pegs w/bracket, why can't have r6 can towards the bottom w/bracket from foot rest. (just my thought)
is there any difference in terms of back pressure/performance difference?
hopefully someone else who has done this/has experience will chime in :)

got no experience but plan on doing the R6 swap you talk about. I've got an 09 FZ1 and plan in cutting the mid pipe after EXUP valve and welding R6 muffler onto that. Get what ever pieces I may need (expanders/reducers) from a local exhaust shop. Once I find a pipe and get done I will post it up...

got no experience but plan on doing the R6 swap you talk about. I've got an 09 FZ1 and plan in cutting the mid pipe after EXUP valve and welding R6 muffler onto that. Get what ever pieces I may need (expanders/reducers) from a local exhaust shop. Once I find a pipe and get done I will post it up...

that sounds good, if you post up the process or just little tips, it would be helpful when i pick up my exhaust

Back