Stitches

I am the same way.
I can't imagine how many stitches, staples, etc I have piled up over the years. LOL I remember watching a DVD named Jennifer 8 where a detective was trying to ID a severed hand and was amazed that that hand had 8 scars. WOW!! I counted 11 on my right hand and I'm 42. :)
Funny story - I cut my finger at work one night and it happened to be a night that 3 drivers called in sick so I had to drive. Well I wrapped up my finger as well as I could but it was going to need an EASY 3 stitches. Unfortunately I do NOT have insurance on this job so the ER was out (even though our pharmacy is 1/2 a block from the ER). I wrapped it up and kept applying direct pressure. FORGET IT!!!! That just won't work when the cut is too deep. I went ahead and started driving and kept pressure on the cut. So I stopped in a small town that had a 24 hr gas station/ convenience store. I remembered an old article in Men's Fitness that suggested using Super Glue to close a wound until you could get to a hospital. So I bought some SG for $3 and sat down at the table of the restaurant (it was a Texaco/Subway). So I unwrapped the gauze and it was BLOOD SOAKED!! HAHAHA!!! I will never forget looking at the wound and all of a sudden blood just started gushing again so I pinched my fingers together to close the wound. Just then I heard a voice say "Are you OK?" I looked up and 3 people were staring at me. LOL I said everything was OK but I needed to stop the bleeding. A few more people came around as I was opening the super glue. By the time I had the super glue opened - there was about 5 or 6 people standing around the Subway booth watching. I remember from reading the article that this would work well but DO NOT get the SG inside the wound. So I start gluing the wound back together and I hear a young female voice ask "Does that hurt?" I look up and a few more people have gathered around. HAHAHA I started to speak and I saw the table full of bloody paper towels. I was in "Fix It Mode" so I had not realized that I was sitting where people eat there food. :wow: I was seriously embarrassed but I was in the middle of "Glue Surgery" and I couldn't stop there. Since I had never done this before I had to kind of figure this out as I went. I treated it like painting and added one layer at a time. I had to wait a few minutes for each layer to dry which gave everyone gathered around (about 10 people by this time) a chance to ask all kinds of questions. HAHAHA It as a real small town named San Saba and I don't think they get too much action around there. :) After a few layers of SG - I cleaned up my bloody mess and said goodbye to my new friends (several of them shook my hand :) ) and I was on my way. Since I don't have insurance - this SG became the only plan that I had and I was forced to make it work. I repeated the procedure again in a few days when I could feel the SG getting loose. I had to keep gluing for about 3 to 4 weeks and then I stopped.
My cellphone camera does not pick up the scar very well but then again - it healed pretty well. I guess that is a testament for Super Glue. :woot:

⬆ I'm going to bet 9.75 out of 10 people standing there were under the impression you were on Bath Salts.

Avro
2011 Yamaha FZ8
2009 Kawasaki ER-6n (SOLD)

I usually win on the broken bones. It's easier for me to start with a Skelton and just remove the bones I have not damaged. You end up with 3/4 of a skeleton. Luckily, only my left shoulder and right knee are the only major joints I have injured.

I push the limits (or used to) when I ride off-road.

Last edited:
⬆ I'm going to bet 9.75 out of 10 people standing there were under the impression you were on Bath Salts.

Avro
2011 Yamaha FZ8
2009 Kawasaki ER-6n (SOLD)

HHHHMMMM Maybe I should have tried some bath salt?!?!? :eyebrow:
HAHAHAAHA I had always wondered what they said after I left. Everyone was silent while I was gluing. LOL Just to tell you guys HOW I cut my finger - I had a new switchblade in my pocket and the lock failed. LOL I collect them and several of the male pharmacists collect knives also - so I took my new knife to work to show everyone. I reached into my pocket to show my boss and it cut SO DEEP into my finger!!!! Luckily it was really sharp.....well that's both good and bad (The knife guys will know what I mean).
Here is the knife:

Schrade Smedby. FREAKING AWESOME little switchblade! And very well priced. LOL Not to mention - they come very sharp straight from the factory. :Rockon:

Back