Still to much vibration. Help!

Doogie2.0

Hey guys, After changing my handlebars to aluminum, putting heavy bars ends the vibes did go down across the rpm range, and vibes are practically nil between 4 and 5k rpm. But I'm burning a hell of a lot of gas at 4 and 5k rpm's. My question is could it be my carbs out of sync cause these vibes. I know 5 years ago when I got this bike, it wasn't putting my right hand numb. Any thoughts on what my problem is?

Have you tried grip puppies?

[/URL][/URL]

I find they work pretty good. I usually get two seasons out of a pair before they start to fall apart. $20. They do increase the circumference you're gripping. I use regular progrips under the puppies. https://www.amazon.com/PROGRIP-699B...rogrip+motorcycle+grips&qid=1709324866&sr=8-8

Personally I doubt vibes are result of carb imbalance. I find the biggest improvement (for a while) is with new chain and sprocket.
No , but I do have some spongy type grips. Might try those. Thanks
Have you tried grip puppies?

[/URL]

I find they work pretty good. I usually get two seasons out of a pair before they start to fall apart. $20. They do increase the circumference you're gripping. I use regular progrips under the puppies. https://www.amazon.com/PROGRIP-699B...rogrip+motorcycle+grips&qid=1709324866&sr=8-8

Personally I doubt vibes are result of carb imbalance. I find the biggest improvement (for a while) is with new chain and sprocket.
Yeah, I just put a new did chain and sprockets. Thanks tho

Hey guys, After changing my handlebars to aluminum, putting heavy bars ends the vibes did go down across the rpm range, and vibes are practically nil between 4 and 5k rpm. But I'm burning a hell of a lot of gas at 4 and 5k rpm's. My question is could it be my carbs out of sync cause these vibes. I know 5 years ago when I got this bike, it wasn't putting my right hand numb. Any thoughts on what my problem is?
Thanks for all the reply guys. You guys really take care of each other. The friendliest forum I've ever been on!

Carbtune are pretty indestructible but you don't see them up for sale used very often. I have tons of experience on FZ1 carbs, but it's still always a pain to find those carb balance screws. Best to use three screwdrivers and one of those small intense flashlights.

Taking inflation and currency exchange rates into account that's not a bad price.

Bar vibration came up regularly on FZ1OA. Another folk lore fix was to re-torque all engine mounting bolts. When you look at the pics in this ebay add you can see where there are a lot of areas to wear out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1954127320...wvlf+uINCGmd7LfN9JqXBtB4r1kS|tkp:BFBM-tTOhMBj

When sitting on the bike not moving and revving to 4K you feel it then? That would remove the drive train and wheel balance from consideration. EXUP is adjusted?

+1 on the motor mount check. Made a difference for me. At least I wanted it to so I thought it did.

Ivanization made a difference too, (after I got all new O rings and it stopped pouring gas out the fuel delivering tubes.)

Just reading about that rear upper bolt makes me want to do that procedure.
Worth taking a look...... keep in mind that the member commenting to Pat's procedure "Jinx" was a bit of an eccentric, still a nice Guy. Also he lived close to beach in FLA which could have accounted for some of his corrosion.

Another mod that Jinxs was associated with was the carb cross over manifold. Basically took a clear tube to connect carbs 1 and 4 and another to connect 2 and 3. Theory being it helped to balance the carbs and make the bike run smoother. I tried it and couldn't detect a difference. Like I say nice guy that seemed to cultivate controversy over things that weren't controversial.

Last edited:
Worth taking a look...... keep in mind that the member commenting to Pat's procedure "Jinx" was a bit of an eccentric, still a nice Guy. Also he lived close to beach in FLA which could have accounted for some of his corrosion.
Looks like 2 people reported this. Being from the rain state i am educated on all things rust. Except for modern westerns. Leave that to the woke.

I need to get a carb synch https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018UTHGPE/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A2TC16YGX99BVC&psc=1 for my slabby project but now i want to get it early and see what my fz1 is doing. Its vibrated the mirrors to uselessness since the day i got it (3-5 grand rpm's) and it usually takes a few start attempts to get it going. Carbs are the greatest chain reaction device ever but do weird things once they are not working as designed.
Bunk we synced mine today. The #2 cylinder was the worst. It was off quite a bit. The throttle response is better, it pulls harder and less vibes. Only took about 20 min. A friend did mine , he has a lot of experence

Back