steering damper

hey everyone looking for a steering damper for my 08. any advice on brand i should be looking for and what brand to stay away from.

Also curious how fast anyone has taken there bike? At high speed the bike is a bit scary i figure the steering damper will help with that.

thanks joe

HyperPro has one that is around 370.00 and depending upon the bar setup you run may have some issues with lock to lock.

Ohlins is another, but can be twice as much for the brand name.

BroHay

Thanks for the input. i have been wondering about this. but haven't put much more than the occasional thought. and at 375 it'll have to remain a thought until i get a few other things done. but atleast it gave me something to look at .

Hyperpro

I have a hyperpro on 2006 and it works wonderfully. It firms the steering nicely and it looks great with the gold mounting brackets matching the forks and a damper to match any colour. After all not only does it need to function well but it needs to look great.

Been 160 several times with no problems but have had a couple of scares getting on the gas coming out of corners were the front got a little lite and started to wobble....

i took mine to 167mph, definately did not feel good, i wonder is a damper would help? i like the hyperpro, just for the looks alone.

When I first got my FZ, I encountered an exit on my daily commute that made me think that I needed a steering damper. Right hander that is not smooth from the wonderful city just patching instead of resurfacing (help me now if they ever do...)

Anyway, I purchased a set of upgraded forks, from another forum, and my problem went away. I am a firm believer now of doing suspension upgrades, from stock, before diving into the other mods that might be available to work around the same problem.

I'm guilty, but I also need to do some tweaking of the rebound/compression, and I still might be selling myself short on its full potential.... It is a path one must travel, and I'll leave you to your final destination.

BroHay

Back