Stay Gen 1 nakid or go back?

fazer1sniper

Now that I got time to work on MY bike I have been thinking...
I put alot of miles on my FZ and due to my recent exeriance with modding and building body panels I have been batting around the idea of putting my bike back to the oringinal upper fairing, building side-lower-belly plasics and seeting up a rack for my soft panners and a Pelican case on the tail. More of a touring bike. OR Should I be happy and toss on my soft bags and backpack?
now...
DSCF0005-3.jpg

then...
DSCF0005.jpg

I'm partial to the fairing. The naked looks good, but I really like the fairing especially on the Skunk.

Now, if you get into making belly pans, I'm going to have to pester you make one for my Bruise!

Whatever you decide, I look forward to seeing the result. You're work is amazing.

I have all the parts set beside the bike now. I got the rest of the week to think about it. The bike is on the jack, wheels to get new rubber tomorrow.... still thinking... This bike has allways been cool.

I'm a naked bike kinda guy, so I'm impartial, but I can DEFINITELY say you'll be happy with either way you go.

BTW, your headlight fairing is pretty awesome, did you make that?

Everyone has their own preference, and I've always liked the 1/4 fairing best. That being said, it looks very tough the way you have it now. I'd say it will look great either way, so in my mind, it just comes down to how many miles you intend to put on it (high speed vs. low speed) and how much the wind bothers you with or without the fairing. It's a hard decision. I'd end up with the fairing if it were for me, but it's not. Whatever you decide will be right.

Back