Starting problem

The other day my bike stalled twice and bumped it while rolling to restart it and when i stopped my bike it would not restart, after refueling, i left it a few minutes but flattened the battery.
An hour later the breakdown man used a power pack and eventually it started.
Later in my garage it would not start again,flattened the battery, then it started later on,and It has been ok since, i did notice that when i pressed the starter button the engine yellow light was flashing( picture of an engine) on dash.
Now it has rectified itself and when i press the starter the yellow engine light stays on and it starts straight away then goes out.

What is happening. anyone have this before.?

Billy

You may have gotten some bad gas. Bad gas will cause starting and running problems. And it is out there. Water in gas is common.
Suggest you run it a while - to run any possible gas out of your tank - and get gas from a different station - and so how is is.

Yes i guess these can be the problems but i do know the engine yellow light was flashing when it was no going to start,

Now when it is going to start the light stays on and then it starts, something was making the light flash.

If you can access your battery, check the voltage across the terminals. The voltage should read approx 12.8 volts just sitting(nothing turned on).

When cranking over to start, it'll drop a little (normal), fuel pump, ECU, running lights, etc. If it drops below 10 volts or so, your battery is likely toast. You need to fully charge it and get it load tested at any automotive store, Walmart, etc.

Once its running, the voltage meter should read 13 volts + up to around 14 volts with higher RPM's. If its not charging once started and running, you have charging problems elsewhere, stator, voltage regulator, etc...Your yellow light is likely telling you your voltage is low...

Also, if you put a set of jumper cables from a car 12 volt battery (NOT RUNNING!!) to your battery, see how it behaves with a known good battery attached.

Sounds like your battery is due for replacement..

Last edited:
Back