starting issues

Hi, I own a 2007 FZ1 and recently put a K&N air, Scorpion slipon, and a Power Commander on. The PC has the Acropvic slipon, aftermarket airfilter, and O2 senser connected map installed. After I installed all of this, my bike does not start right up like did stock. It hesitates Severly and is diffrent every start-up! Any Suggestions or fixes would be Greatly Appretiated!

Welcome Casady:welcome:

I'm sorry but I have no knowledge of the electronical workings of the Gen2 bikes. My 01' has carbs and no gadgets for fuel delivery. However, I am sure that there will be plenty of guys that will help you with your problem. Glad to have you aboard. Billy.

Hi, I own a 2007 FZ1 and recently put a K&N air, Scorpion slipon, and a Power Commander on. The PC has the Acropvic slipon, aftermarket airfilter, and O2 senser connected map installed. After I installed all of this, my bike does not start right up like did stock. It hesitates Severly and is diffrent every start-up! Any Suggestions or fixes would be Greatly Appretiated!

Have you tried disconnecting the O2 sensor? I didn't think the PC III was meant to run with the O2 sensor connected. At least that is the case with my PC V unless you're using the Auto Tune O2 wideband sensor. That is the only thing I can't think of as your other mods shouldn't be causing the issue.

If you pulled the 02 sensor, you should have installed the 02 eliminator which would have come with the PCIII, or should have if it was set up that way. I know what kind of a hassle it is to get to all the connectors in that wad of wiring under the tank/seat so I'd go back and make damned sure all the connectors are propperly seated. If all that is OK, try a different map. You might also take a look at the map and see what kind of fueling it's giving at idle. By the way, did you make sure you did all the set up correctly as far as the 0% and 100% throttle settings go? That is pretty necessary to ensure propper fueling. Last, whoever sold you the PCIII should have given you the information to ensure that you got it installed correctly.

You're using the wrong map on power commander. You can check this if you reset the power commander to the default values.

I had the same problem, this problem was solved after I'd changed a few maps.

Last edited:
I had the same problem when I first did all my Mods. I changed maps which helped, but the biggest thing that helped me was adjusting the Idle. After all the mods and the new map my idle dropped down to a rough 800 rpms. After adjusting it up to about 1300 rpms I no longer had any issues with starting.

Back