Standard front sprocket size

What is the standard front sprocket size for a Gen2

Does the N model have the same as the S?

Does the UK have the same as the US?

and while I am here

What is the best chain to fit?

:zzz:

I know its a lot of questions, but as I am here anyway.....

stock front = 17T

as far as chain... you asking length? type? pitch?

Length... ask JonDaddy....

Type... O-Ring, X-Ring, XW-Ring... etc.

Pitch... 530... I believe Yamaha actually specs a 532 or some nonsense... but... 530 is the normal replacement.

Brand... OEM, RK, EK, D.I.D. ....

stock front = 17T

as far as chain... you asking length? type? pitch?

Length... ask JonDaddy....

Type... O-Ring, X-Ring, XW-Ring... etc.

Pitch... 530... I believe Yamaha actually specs a 532 or some nonsense... but... 530 is the normal replacement.

Brand... OEM, RK, EK, D.I.D. ....

OK and thanks

I have one of these

Stealth Sprocket - FZ 600 Fazer - FREE UK DELIVERY

waiting to be fitted, am going for a standard front sprocket, but want a nice gold chain to finish the job off. Price is not an issue, want "the best" for my FZ1

Just curious as to real experience fof DID, EK, RK etc, must be X ring as a minimum

Last edited:
There are many out there, but I have spent HOURS going through them and possible combinations. They are no where close to accurate. Keep in mind this is testing them vs. know quantities (my bike) with a GPS. I just used it to find out how many MPH I would gain going 16/46 from 15/45...the speeds where not accurate but the MPH increase range was all I was looking for.

Since you mentioned you wanted a gold chain... Take a look at the RK GB530GXW Chain... it comes in Gold, has a 10,000 lb tensile strength, solid rollers and bushings, and only weighs 4.63 lbs per 100 links.

gb530gxw.jpg

I run the same chain on my Gen 1... but in a 520.... and it holds up better than the stock 530 D.I.D. chain did...

Back