Stainless brake lines

Hi all. Long time FZ1 owner. New poster here.

My 03 is my track bike and I am tuning for the season now. I am changing brake lines and want to go stainless. I am avoiding lesser known Amazon branded lines (unless someone confirms that the cheaper sets are good stuff....)My opinion is that brake lines are brake lines. As long as they are basically constructed well, and they fit, that they work. But I thought I would ask before buying anything.

I am looking to go with a simpler 2 line system up front, just for simplicity's sake. Anyone have any strong, well founded, opinions on brands, the two line vs three line setup for the front, etc....? And finally, since (mostly) brake lines are brake lines, if I get the right lengths I know I do not need an FZ1 "kit" is there a source for good lines by length that anyone would like to share that would save money?

Pic for attention
my bike.jpg

Good looking scoot and Kagayama X-14 , BTW.
In the past, I've used Core Moto and Goodridge. Currently plan to install a set of Spiegler FZ1 "kit" lines on my 2003. Personally prefer the 2 line setup since my Hawk GT / F2 front end days back in the late 90's.
Friend of mine put the Amazon sold Venhill lines on his Skunk couple years ago and they still look and perform great.
Most non kit or "custom" lines seem to start at about $70+ each line, so not sure about much savings going that route.

I cant emphaze enough. HEL brake lines are the best lines ive used even at their very reasonable cost. However their American branch at powersports kc (google that!) is a horrible representation of what HEL does. Order them from the UK, shipping is amazingly quick.

Hi all. Long time FZ1 owner. New poster here.

My 03 is my track bike and I am tuning for the season now. I am changing brake lines and want to go stainless. I am avoiding lesser known Amazon branded lines (unless someone confirms that the cheaper sets are good stuff....)My opinion is that brake lines are brake lines. As long as they are basically constructed well, and they fit, that they work. But I thought I would ask before buying anything.

I am looking to go with a simpler 2 line system up front, just for simplicity's sake. Anyone have any strong, well founded, opinions on brands, the two line vs three line setup for the front, etc....? And finally, since (mostly) brake lines are brake lines, if I get the right lengths I know I do not need an FZ1 "kit" is there a source for good lines by length that anyone would like to share that would save money?

Pic for attention
View attachment 28192

Back