Squid photo

I saw this tough guy last weekend. Yeah it's a Gixxer!

u5ene7a9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

It is crazy how I ride year round to work and always wear the same amount of gear no matter the heat, and then during the warm months all these guys who have not ridden all winter come out and jump on their bikes in such limited gear.

Personally I think Emergency services and Hospitals have stopped Natural selection.

Ahh guys like this talk shit saying that gear is stupid... but they shut right up when I smoke them in the twisties. I'm ATGATT all the way. I've crashed bicycles many times at speeds much lower, so I don't need to crash a motorcycle to learn about how bad that is without gear.

I remember in my rider training course so many years ago there were two young guys that both said they already bought their bikes (no licenses yet). One got a GSXR 600 and the other a GSXR 750, both blue and black. Both of them had dirt bike style helmets and regularly "forgot" to fasten the chin strap, a pair of thin mesh dirt bike gloves, and running shoes. The instructors were going to turn them away unless they ponied up another 50 bucks to rent the school's gear. With a dismayed look, they both did. One of them crashed the school's Ninja 250 because he was going way too fast on a very short straightaway.

This was my first experience with negligent riders and they both happen to be out there somewhere on gixxer's.

All that said, I do give them a fair amount of credit because it was their first time on street bikes and they are at a rider training course for a reason, to learn! And better they make the mistakes there than at 200kph on the highway, right? Anybody could have made the same mistakes in training, including me. So who knows, maybe they are the best riders in town now. Or maybe not. Maybe they also just didn't have the money left to spend on gear because they bought their bikes, and were waiting for the next paycheck to get the rest of the gear. I have no idea. So in that case it becomes a question of priorities more than skill or affliction toward gear. Even then, if priorities are so skewed here, what else is messed up in their heads? Just saying though, seems to be a trend with gixxer riders and lack of gear right from the get-go.

I've also seen a few where the riders have full leathers, but the ratio is far less than you would see with any other make (except maybe Harley!:gagged:)

Back