Sprockets

I'm running a SuperSprox rear sprocket. It's actually a combination of aluminum and steel (teeth are steel, inner hub aluminum). IMHO on a heavy bike like the FZ1 an aluminum sprocket for the street just doesn't make sense. You're not going to notice a performance improvement over a comparable steel sprocket and it will wear out considerably faster.

attachment.php

I realize this isn't on my FZ1 (I still have the stock on that and it looks great still after 18,500 km) But I run a supersprox as well on my KTM. It is sold through KTM and is a nice matching Orange. It has over 16000 km on it and still looks great. So plus 1 for Supersprox!

fancyKTMsprocket.jpg

So what is stock # of teeth front and rear? My 07 has a new chain and sprockets so I have no idea. I gather from here the front is 17t, can anyone tell a poor ignorant noob what the rear is? Thanks.

Finished changing the front/rear sprockets and chain with a -1/+1 format last night and took her out for her first spin today.

I love it....Feels brilliant. Was a little concerned I would be wheel spinning everywhere but not the case at all. It noticeably gives you more torque but not too excessive.

I'm glad to have her back on the road as I'm not the best diy'er in the world so took me a while but it's Interesting to do things yourself and I learnt some stuff along the way.

If anyone else is attempting changing the sprockets and chain themselves the two things i would definitely make sure of is:-

1: Use an electric/air torque wrench to undo the front sprocket...That's a tough mother to undo.

2: Make sure you get a good rivet tool depending on the chain you have. I used a Tsubaki chain and needed an Impact rivet tool rather than a winding rivet tool so that's something to watch out for.

Other than that now I have the knowledge it's easy peasy :) lol

Cheers

Back