sprint steering damper

i got a sprint steering damper last year just going into winter and the first ride out with it,i was out with other bikes also lots of fine stones being thrown up every were and it started leaking sent it back ,complained,they fixed it and charged me for it,and only fixed half of it because it still leaked but not as much,,what is happening is i have changed the rad cover for a crome small holed one like from ebay to protect it from small stones/look nice and its throwing the stones up to the damper,it needs a rubber boot or needs to go above the tank,i email them this and they did not reply,and have a leaking damper ,bit poor really i have just brought a gpr one should not have the same problem ,just thought i would say so you can think twice when buying a damper!

I just fitted a GPR V4 Damper to my bike and love it!! :)

It improved the riding experience greatly by reducing vibrations and kick back through the bars (As slight it may have been perviously). For all the arguments that say the FZ1 does not need a damper, it certainly makes for smoother cornering and straight line acceleration.

The biggest benefit i find is increased riding confidence knowing there is a safeguard against tank slap (as rare as the occurence may be for this bike) and i also feel much less fatigue in my arms and wrist after a long day of riding the twisties.

if u get them up to 150hp odd i think yes in the first 2-3 gears pinned flat out cats eyes ,country roads,uneven road to be rock steady and give full confidance i would not be with out one ,ordered a black gpr.sprint was cheaper it worked ok but is in the wrong place so now i have to pay twice .never mind.

Well i hope the GPR works better for you.
i'm still looking for a steering damper for my fz1.
Would be great if you could let us know how the new GPR works after you have done some miles on it.

I think every bike should have one, especially after having a tank slapper at high speed on a dead straight road... Hurts like hell...

Just got a gpr v4 damper too.

Noticed a drastic drop in vibes even when idling.

The damper also gives a better handling experience as compared to top mount damper. Was using matris m3 top mount damper on fz6s2

I just fitted a GPR V4 Damper to my bike and love it!! :)

It improved the riding experience greatly by reducing vibrations and kick back through the bars (As slight it may have been perviously). For all the arguments that say the FZ1 does not need a damper, it certainly makes for smoother cornering and straight line acceleration.

The biggest benefit i find is increased riding confidence knowing there is a safeguard against tank slap (as rare as the occurence may be for this bike) and i also feel much less fatigue in my arms and wrist after a long day of riding the twisties.

So, this is a good fix for hard acceleration when the front end is lifting slightly and feels like a tank slapper brewing?

Back