Sport Tires

I'd be afraid to ask what you would like for your B-day! It would probably tap me out.

I could think of a few things.....

Here are the BT016's now... after ~ 350 miles or so.

IMG_2559.JPG

IMG_2560.JPG

IMG_2561.JPG

IMG_2562.JPG

So far... I'm impressed.

Today... well... there was a certain type of riding being done... that isn't appropriate to talk about on public forum. (I'll post video later) ... But... these tires handled everything I threw at them.... full lean, upper triple digit speeds... after a "lap" on my local "track" ... uhhh... yeah.. this tire was balled up into big chunks of rubber... you can see in the close-up pics that the outer tread sipes are deforming a bit... but I don't think that's any big deal... it's just rubber getting pushed around..... let me go ahead and say though.... if you're not riding at extreme levels, and don't desire to, don't get these tires.... you'll find yourself pushing it harder and harder... I was used to pushing the Corsa III's until they slipped, and then backing off a little bit... I tried that with the BT's... but... they don't slip... road temperatures were about mid-high today... not full on normal summer day, as it was a bit overcast... but I think even if the road was at higher temps, they would've stuck fine... they would have just shed rubber a little more easily... 1 HARD run would have balls of rubber forming... but take it down 10-15mph and they wore nice and smooth with out tearing the rubber too much... so, they're super soft when you're hard into them... just when you'd want them to be, but if you're not going too crazy, you can still get decent wear....

I'm sure I've forgot something.. ask questions... or I'll just get to it later.

Wow....I've got a ways to go. Did you get a complete set, or just the rear?

what do you think the lifespan is going to be for this particular mount?

Adam

I just got the rear for now... have it paired up with a Rosso front...

I expect to get.... 2600 or so out of it on the rear... depending on whether or not I make a trip or two back to VA on it... I'll probably have to... the sides will definitely be the first thing to disappear though.

Can anyone unravel the mystery as to why tires are so damn expensive to mount? I mean, I carried my tires into the shop and it still cost me 53.00 dollars.

The place that I stole them from wanted 54.75 per tire on/off the bike.

I pay $12 for mount and balance if I bring in the wheels to my local shop... I don't do that often... only when I've killed the tire to the point that I can't make the 200 miles back to VA... since up in VA I have a Snap-On lift, Snap-On Tire Machine, and Snap-On Balancer.

Must be nice to have the access to the right tools to get the job done. But still paying twice as much just has me perplexed....especially when I bring them in myself. They were going to charge me a 4.00 each dumping fee, but I guess the service mgr forgot to add to the ticket and I didn't feel like parting with anymore money.

So if we can bring the East coast to the SW, I'd be golden -- have access to all your goodies and better places to ride alot closer than 2-2.5 hrs away.

Adam

Just went from a Diablo Strada rear to a Pilot Power rear, both with a Corsa III on the front. Going from the sport touring strada to the power has been night and day. I was at the point where if I really pushed it I could get the strada to break loose (only a few times b/c im a sissy). So far the power has just been so much better and just plain sticks. A different turn in than the strada for sure. I was going on 5000 miles plus with the strada when I picked up a nail. Im not expecting more than 3000mi from the power though. I am really liking the combo of the Corsa III on the front and power on the rear , just have to see how long it lasts....just my $.02

I've replaced 1000km ago my factory-off Dunlop Sportmax with Dunlop Qualifier.(which have done 7500km and were great, both wet and dry conditions, but quite worn out after 7.5k km)
At front I've got now a 120/70 QualifierII and rear a 190/55/17 Qualifier. The main difference with the 190/55 is the easyness to steer in....

I could think of a few things.....

Here are the BT016's now... after ~ 350 miles or so.

IMG_2559.JPG

IMG_2560.JPG

IMG_2561.JPG

IMG_2562.JPG

So far... I'm impressed.

Today... well... there was a certain type of riding being done... that isn't appropriate to talk about on public forum. (I'll post video later) ... But... these tires handled everything I threw at them.... full lean, upper triple digit speeds... after a \"lap\" on my local \"track\" ... uhhh... yeah.. this tire was balled up into big chunks of rubber... you can see in the close-up pics that the outer tread sipes are deforming a bit... but I don't think that's any big deal... it's just rubber getting pushed around..... let me go ahead and say though.... if you're not riding at extreme levels, and don't desire to, don't get these tires.... you'll find yourself pushing it harder and harder... I was used to pushing the Corsa III's until they slipped, and then backing off a little bit... I tried that with the BT's... but... they don't slip... road temperatures were about mid-high today... not full on normal summer day, as it was a bit overcast... but I think even if the road was at higher temps, they would've stuck fine... they would have just shed rubber a little more easily... 1 HARD run would have balls of rubber forming... but take it down 10-15mph and they wore nice and smooth with out tearing the rubber too much... so, they're super soft when you're hard into them... just when you'd want them to be, but if you're not going too crazy, you can still get decent wear....

I'm sure I've forgot something.. ask questions... or I'll just get to it later.
VA Rider, you are an animal!! Enough Said. Those pics are sick............. I still have almost an inch on each side of my tires. They are stock and I don't feel that confident on them and I have only been riding for 3 months. But nice pics. I'm at 2400 miles on my bike and about ready to get me a set of the Diablo Corsa III's that you recommended to me a while back. Let me know if there is any rejection/ changes in your prior advice as far as a tire that sticks!

You must have missed the latest pics.... so here ya go..

up to 500 miles now.

IMAGE_010.jpg
IMAGE_011.jpg

IMAGE_012.jpg
IMAGE_013.jpg

IMAGE_014.jpg
IMAGE_015.jpg

Ummm.... as far as the Corsa III's.... I think because of the price of the BT016's.... I'd go for a set of the 16's over the Corsa III's... right now, Cycle Gear has them cheapest... I think right around $230 shipped for the 120 and 180 set... ... it's hard to pass up...

I liked the Corsa III's... but at this point... I think I'm willing to say I like the BT016's better....

You must have missed the latest pics.... so here ya go..

Ummm.... as far as the Corsa III's.... I think because of the price of the BT016's.... I'd go for a set of the 16's over the Corsa III's... right now, Cycle Gear has them cheapest... I think right around $230 shipped for the 120 and 180 set... ... it's hard to pass up...

I liked the Corsa III's... but at this point... I think I'm willing to say I like the BT016's better....

You know Aaron, you are allowed to use the center of he tire as well!:yes:

Back