Speedpack Luggage users' comments?

It's one of the nicest out there, but at three and a half it ought to be. The waterproof is good, it has an internal framework and holds its shape nicely. It also has a matching tank bag in a couple different configurations depending on your likes and needs. Massive amounts of room and you can get an additional tentbag to go with. Compared to all the others you see, it's hands down the best looking unit out there. And it's a quick release too. Still I'd put some clear shelf paper on the tail plastic to protect the paint.

Sort of a modern version of the Gypsy

Last edited:
:wow: - nice write-up! How long have you had it?

I want something for 3-4 day ride, but don't want hardware, so I was looking at this at Twisted Throttle.

clear shelf-paper?? Where does one find that?

I was advised by another member to use the shelf paper from Walmart, it's clear and will protect the paint, but masking tape will work well to, as I dont leave it on permenantly, but you could, I just take it off after a bag use. Oh the bags, not mine but a friends, I hope to have my own by next month. Their the best looking bags I'v ever seen, and they dont look all baggy and hangy, but hold their shape.. One thing about tape though, you want to use (low-tack) so it won't be so hard to remove, also I'd take it off as soon as the bags are going to be off for a while. With the Speedbags and their tank bags along with a Riffle windsheild, it's nearly a touring machine.

Last edited:
Clear paint protector

I got a whole package of it at Enfield Motorsports in CT, they use it on the saddlebags of all the new bikes in the showroom because when a buyer is trying out a new bike they always scuff their foot across top of new hard luggage. Its a clear non-adhesive static vinyl pretty thick but you can cut to shape you need. Its called Snider's Paintguard, probably look it up online. Nice stuff, put it on take it off, easy to do.

I hear that's what its made for, I'm flying to GA monday and putting it on under my new soft saddlebags and then driving 1100 miles home to massachusets, i tried peeling the Snider's off at the dealership, and believe me it doesn't slip...kinda like a very thick version of that stuff on the front of a new piece of electronics.

Back