Speedo

NAPA121

Guys,

How easy is it to fix a speedo on a 2010 Yamaha FZ1-n?

I noticed that when my TomTom GPS device says 70 that my speedo states 76-77?

Cheers
Neil

Do a search for Speedohealer or SpeedoDRD.
They are electornic devices that allow you to have an accurate speedo reading after doing gearing changes, tyre profile changes or just to get the speedo spot on.
I personally have the speedohealer and it's an excellent unit that doers the job well and is easy to program

The speedo was 10% out from GPS speed and then I changed the front/rear sprockets and chain with a -1/+1 format which put the speedo out even further so thought I would install the Speedo Healer.

It was easy enough to do and so now at least my speedo matches my GPS speed.

Another job ticked off the list :)

I vote for the SpeedoDRD

I installed the SpeedoDRD and love it. Less expensive and it's made in OHIO !! Plus, (ohh yeah,) it work's under water, just in case I take the FZ snorkling next time I go. . . .:noworries:

Do changing your profile affect the speedometer reading much?
I recently changed from stock to PR3 190/55R17
Love the way the handling has improved especially when craving out the twisters on canyon type roads. Much quicker turn in than stock profile.

Do changing your profile affect the speedometer reading much?
I recently changed from stock to PR3 190/55R17
Love the way the handling has improved especially when craving out the twisters on canyon type roads. Much quicker turn in than stock profile.

Any change to the rear tire profile will affect the speedometer. And actually by increasing the diameter of the rear tire you have actually reduced some of the speedometer error built in from the factory.

Back