Speedo Quit

markowinnipeg

Out of the blue this morning my speedo quit. On my ride into work on one occasion while I was braking it started for work for a few seconds then quit again. I have a speedo healer installed and when I push the recall buttom it works. I even disconnected the speedo healer and still a no go.
Any ideas what it could be? Is there a sending unit?

Out of the blue this morning my speedo quit. On my ride into work on one occasion while I was braking it started for work for a few seconds then quit again. I have a speedo healer installed and when I push the recall buttom it works. I even disconnected the speedo healer and still a no go.
Any ideas what it could be? Is there a sending unit?

There is a sending unit, but if SpeedoHealer still works then it's getting a signal. I suppose it could be the actual speedometer that has gone bad or a loose connection after the SpeedoHealer...

The only thing that works on the speedo healer is the recall function, were is the sending unit located?
I will also check connection behind gauge but doubt it is that, I am thinking sending unit just cause it started to work for a second then quit again

The only thing that works on the speedo healer is the recall function, were is the sending unit located?
I will also check connection behind gauge but doubt it is that, I am thinking sending unit just cause it started to work for a second then quit again

Not sure where sending unit is on the Gen I. You might be able to trace the wiring loom back to it? And you're right, it does sound like the sending unit might be defective.

Thanks for the offer, my brother lives in Brooklyn so will ask him. Problem is catching him at home to send it as he is currently on tour with Sheryl Crow....lucky bugger

After having everything torn down, I to had this issue. I disconnected the speedohealer, connected back without healer attached, quick spin, reconnected healer, and problem was fixed.

Also checked the connections under the windscreen. Between the two, my speedo starting working lroperly.

What version is the healer?

It is version S4 the digital one. I tried to disconnecting the healer and drive bike down driveway and still nothing. Hooked it back up and today coming to work (about 30 miles highway) the speedo would intermitantly start working.
Does anyone have a shop manual sheet of were this is located? I can see it on the parts fische but only shows a general location somewhere around front drive sprocket?

Also is the only connection point from the sensor at the right side cover were I plug in speedo healer?
I will try again to clean connections but they look good.
Also the rest of guages all work and the recall works on speedo healer so I am thinking the gauge connection is ok, but that being said I will also open up and take a look?
Also does anyone have spec's for a resistance check?
Thanks

Back