speedo healer set up

burkerider

Hi there, can someone help me please, i'm fitting a healtech speedo healer to my 08 fz1, i've gone down a tooth at the front sprocket and i'm running a 190/55 rear tyre instead of a 190/50, and i've just used their online calculator to see how to calabrate the healer. My question is, do i check yes or no on the compensate for factory error question. If i check it ýes', then i'm to set the healer at -8.1. But if i check it 'no' then i'm to set the healer at -3.0 i hope someone can help....cheers.

I clicked yes as I want my speedo to be accurate.
The stock speedo usually reads higher than actual speed (around 5%)
If you want to ride with a little bit up your sleeve, tick no.

Yea if you want it to be accurate click yes, if not it will only correct for the sprocket change and not the % error from the factory. Best way to get the % error is to use a gps and do the math.

Yea if you want it to be accurate click yes, if not it will only correct for the sprocket change and not the % error from the factory. Best way to get the % error is to use a gps and do the math.

Yea, GPS is the way to go. I'm running a 16T up front with 45T and stock tire size and if I remember correctly the correction factor came out to -10.3%. It's dead accurate against the GPS now :)

My stock bike, stock size tires, stock gearing is off by -8.0% on my HealTech, verified by my GPS. Add -3% for the gear change gets you to -11, But account for the larger tire will bring that to more like a -10% or so. It would definitely be best to verify with a GPS.

thanks everyone for your imput, i think i'll tick yes for now and borrow my mates gps later to see how close i got it.

ps, i think i'd be lost without this site

I'm starting to look for a S-O-H for my FZ. where have you guys found the best prices?? I googled it up and saw $116.00 here
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/YAMAHA-FZ1-2001-2010-HEALTECH-SPEEDOHEALER/dp/B0064O244G]Amazon.com: YAMAHA FZ1 2001-2010 HEALTECH SPEEDOHEALER V4: Automotive[/ame]

Back