Speedo error

I chk my speedo today at 75mph and I was actually going 70.. I guess thats about a 7% error.. My question is if I put a 17tooth front on will this provide me the correct sppedo reading? I am thinking i will loose about 6 % in the final reduction ????
Thx

Looking at the chart it appears to reduce my speedo by the 6-7 % range I will need a 17 or a 41. I really needed to lower my cruising rpm by 4-500 anyway .. thx for the info..

Got my 17 today. I pulled off the chain cover and found there was not enough room for a 17.. That surprised me as I thought the gen 2 came with a 17, if so how did Ya:gagged:maha make room for it ??? .. no I am not grinding cases.. Guess i will go 41t..

Got my 17 today. I pulled off the chain cover and found there was not enough room for a 17.. That surprised me as I thought the gen 2 came with a 17, if so how did Ya:gagged:maha make room for it ??? .. no I am not grinding cases.. Guess i will go 41t..

That's odd, because the factory sprocket is a 17t on the Gen II.

Do you have a Gen1? The Gen II is a different motor. You can put a 17T on a Gen1. No case grinding required. You just need to remove the case protector where the chain runs around the front of the sprocket.

:)

Back