Southwest Colorado

Just got home yesterday from a much needed ride down to the southwest part of the state.
That last picture....John & I both get to contribute to the Dept. of Revenue! Sneaky b@st@rd, got us going down a hill. :spank2:
miles on the fz = 904 over 4 days

Last edited:
What the officer doesn't appreciate fast women.....sorry, couldn't resist. Looks like a great time for a ride there!

You know, John even told me that my "butt does look fast on the FZ1"!!
The CSP said he got me at 64 in a 55! 9 miles over.....I was really hoping for a warning....but I guess the state needs the money.
Before we even left the scene, he had 2 more bikes flagged down....:bs2:

I feel really lucky now, when I just went through that part of the CO, i was usually blazing in the 70s most of the time, and higher in some more back country places. Glad you have such a good attitude about it.

In AZ they won't write a ticket unless it's 10+ mph because at 10 mph and under it is automatically contestable because of error in speedometer, radar, laser, etc.

Stunning country! You two are fortunate to live there. But the LEO's are a bit harsh and very unforgiving! WOW!

I agree, the last shot is a photo for the contest and earns my vote already! :tup:

Dustin, just wanted to tell ya, that the Milllion Dollar
Highway was in perfect condition....I know when you were here they had just chip sealed it :(

Great pics, love Colorado. We've been there six years in a row on our ( wife and I) annual moto trip. We've been farther north such as Yellowstone but always stop in Durango on the way back.

Great pics, love Colorado. We've been there six years in a row on our ( wife and I) annual moto trip. We've been farther north such as Yellowstone but always stop in Durango on the way back.

Before I started riding my own, John & I made it all the way to Alberta Canada on the BMW.
And don't ya just love Durango??? There always seems to be something going on there :)

Back