Sooo, how cold is it?

I sure wished I had these today:

ICEMAN SPIKES(HS 544) | Schwalbe North America
l_img_iceman.gif

first - °C nights are kicking in here in Belgium. Sunny day with open sky, so it cools off quite below freezing temperatures. But not yet as cold as in the Nordics (up to -25°c)

Last Sunday had I reckon a last ride with friends during a cloudy day in the Harbor of Antwerp at a brisk 6°c....had a few slippery patches on the cobblestones :D

Too much ice on the roads here. So I put the FZ in the back of the truck, drove it down the hill into Placerville. Took it out and rode it down to Sac to do some errands.

terdog-albums-pics-picture3998-cell-pics-006.jpeg

I would have died a slow death without the ELEPHANT EARS and the 1 pc insulated suit.

terdog-albums-pics-picture3999-cell-pics-005.jpg

nice ride today in Phx, ~55 degrees with some clouds coming in. I tore down the freeway ramp and skittered to a stop at the bottom, right next to an unmarked Highway Patrolman... he glared at me... we turned together and he fell back, probably ran my plate....

Have you noticed there are more and more of the unmarked cars/SUVs/Trucks running around? I know a guy who works for DPS and he said they even have Maxima's, 4Runners and other random vehicles that they use occasionally

We're at the start of summer here in adelaide, Australia. 23-40+ Celsius over the next few months. Even our winters are fairly rideable. I'd hate to only ride half a year like most of you guys.

I believe the windchill was 19F when I left the house this morning. A little bit warmer than yesterday's ride. Warm by some standards though (I'm in MS). Fingertips were a bit chilled when I got to work, and I didn't zip my first layer jacket up all the way which is what keeps my neck warm. Stopped about a mile from home to try and zip it back up but couldn't find the damn zipper with my helmet and gloves on. Just rode most of the way with my left hand covering my neck. Too much trouble to take that stuff off.

Shortest day of the year. Sunrise was 8:31 and sunset at 4:03. We have a foot and a half of snow and it was -26*C (-15*F) this morning. PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) has hit hard. I did get my seat re-upholstered during the down time though!

Yesterday morning in Regina, SK it was -36*C (-33*F). We drove home to Lloydminster, 500kms NW and arrive home around 6:00 PM. Temperature was 0*C (32*F). That's a temp swing of 65*F! This country is f'ed up! Don't get me wrong, I much prefer the 0* than the -36*.

It's been a week of record breaking heat in Melbourne

We've had four days in a row with max above 41C/106F - first time that's happened since records began over 150 years ago.

Today's max was 44C/111F a couple of hours ago. I happened to be out and about during that, lucky me -not- and the air intake sensor on my bike was reading 55C/131F.

I've never seen it read that high before.

9lhh.jpg

Last edited:
It's been a week of record breaking heat in Melbourne

We've had four days in a row with max above 41C/106F - first time that's happened since records began over 150 years ago.

Today's max was 44C/111F a couple of hours ago. I happened to be out and about during that, lucky me -not- and the air intake sensor on my bike was reading 55C/131F.

I've never seen it read that high before.

9lhh.jpg

What's all this business about cold ? :p

I do not take the FZ1 if it's below 35. We've had several 29s lately at 6am, but 70 at 4pm. Might have to go back to commuting on the bicycle(lost 30 lbs last year...gain 12 back since Thanksgiving...LMBO).

Back