somebody help!!!!

I don't think anything but an electric fuel pump like the stock one will work properly on your FZ1. And anyway may I ask why you want to run a vacuum pump? I think only an electric pump will be able to push enough fuel into the carbs at higher RPMs.

well i just got the motor and i was speaking with fzriderny a while ago about my carbs. witch he was very helpful and thank you! but it still wont fire and my buddy asked where my fuel pump was and new to this i thought it was gravity fed! but he said his 95 cbr had a fuel pump. so i was asking because i ordered one on ebay(being excited) and didnt do my research. it is an aftermarket pump. more specific--- it said 01-05 yamaha fz1 guo ying fuel pump..

well i just got the motor and i was speaking with fzriderny a while ago about my carbs. witch he was very helpful and thank you! but it still wont fire and my buddy asked where my fuel pump was and new to this i thought it was gravity fed! but he said his 95 cbr had a fuel pump. so i was asking because i ordered one on ebay(being excited) and didnt do my research. it is an aftermarket pump. more specific--- it said 01-05 yamaha fz1 guo ying fuel pump..

Did you by chance do the fuel pump test first? I had an issue a while back that left everyone stumped and thought it may be the fuel pump. After about two solid weeks of troubleshooting, it wound up be a cracked spark plug. The fuel pump "rarely" goes bad. Just to give you some info. If you need info on testing it I'll let you know. It's very simple.

i did put new plugs in it. i just dont think there is a fuel pump??? idk where should it be and what does it look like for this motor???

i did put new plugs in it. i just dont think there is a fuel pump??? idk where should it be and what does it look like for this motor???

Okay, yes there is a fuel pump. Looking at the bike on the exhaust side, right under the seat is the black "side cover". Remove the screw and it comes off. Behind that is your fuel pump.

Question: When the bike sits overnight, and you go to start it, do you hear a ticking noise when you turn the key to the "on" position? It should be a rapid number of ticks then slows down and stops. If so, then your fuel pump is pumping. Thats the first test. There is another which is easy, only a little more involved.

This is what you should be seeing:
Buwh8.jpg

If not, they run about $150 to $160 on Ebay.

Back