some holes cannot be fixed

That would be a day ruiner for sure although I have seen guys patch this type of hole from the inside and ride till the rubber was gone. The economy you know!

That would be a day ruiner for sure although I have seen guys patch this type of hole from the inside and ride till the rubber was gone. The economy you know!

If you were going to patch it the good thing is that it's right in the middle and away from the sidewalls. I know what you mean about the economy, but I wouldn't risk my life riding long term on a patched tire. In my car it's a different story, but on the motrcycle :disapproval:

well I was lucky at the end. It happened on the Spa-Franchorchamp track during trackdays early 2008, and there was a tire-dealer who placed me a new tyre, which was going to be deducted via creditcard. But thus far this has never been deducted from my account...

Last edited:
Nice

well I was lucky at the end. It happened on the Spa-Franchorchamp track during trackdays early 2008, and there was a tire-dealer who placed me a new tyre, which was going to be deducted via creditcard. But thus far this has never been deducted from my account...

You have to like that. I had a roofing nail in the rear of my old FZ. I took the wheel off and brought it in to the dealer to replace. On the way home I thought that I should have pulled it, aired it up and done a huge burn out first. It would have made me feel better!

Back