Some handlebar suggestions (Rizoma risers)

NightTrain

Trying to find a bar that will work for me. I'm putting Rizoma risers on (60mm, fat bar shape) and obviously will have to change the stock bars. I am looking for a low rise and not alot of sweep, the flatter the better (without being completely straight). Just wondering if anyone could make a few suggestions. I see that FLY and a few other companies make a very affordable MX bar that would fit. Thinking perhaps a mini-style bar would work? I don't want something too wide (I always end up cutting full-size MX bars down for road bike use). Any pics would be great as well. I have a Hyperpro damper and hopefully the new risers don't cause an issue. So let me know what you think :smoking:

I have a braced 7/8" protaper on mine, pics are in the "what have you done lately" thread.

(Gen I)

I love the change, zero wrist strain, better leverage, very solid feeling.

I checked the pics, looks good but I'm trying to find some examples of bars with the 31.8mm clamping area (fatbar) mounting set up. Maybe someone can chime in on what they prefer, if not so be it. Seems alot of dudes just run the stock bars, I personally do not like them at all.

im also looking for a new bar with lower sweep.. im using renthal now.. thought of looking for mtb handlebar.. wonder if they would they fit the clamp width..

im also looking for a new bar with lower sweep.. im using renthal now.. thought of looking for mtb handlebar.. wonder if they would they fit the clamp width..

MTB bars have been moving in the way of a 31.8MM clamping area which would work but they all still taper down to 25mm for the controls and grips. Now you have me thinking how nice it would be to have carbon bars on my FZ.

MTB bars have been moving in the way of a 31.8MM clamping area which would work but they all still taper down to 25mm for the controls and grips. Now you have me thinking how nice it would be to have carbon bars on my FZ.

my thought exactly.. drools on those carbon bars.. in fact driven has oversize carbon bars.. but those mtb are much cheaper with more or less of the same durability..

Be careful about the hyper pro dampers hitting the bar risers. Over at FZ1OA many have reported rizoma and damper don't work.

I wonder if it's because they are using the 42mm risers? I have the 60mm set, if it doesn't work I'm gonna' cry :frown:

I've been looking at MTB bars too, as you can get them with very little or no rise. CF would be cool too. Matching Rizoma bars would be nice but that is expensive.

OK, so in regards to the 60mm Rizoma risers, I found this response from the other site from one user:

I've had a set of hyperpros with the 42mm Rizomas prior to switching to the 60+mm ones. The damper does hit the clamp when at full lock. I'm 6" and found the posture to be too sportbike like. Currently satisfied with the 60mm ones with no damper issues.

So I'm good. Seems that the 42mm risers can be used but you have to add some material to the bump stops to prevent full-lock steering (keeping the damper and clamps from touching) or mod the risers.

I actually think I have a SURLY MTB bar somewhere, that is flat with minimal sweep. Might give it a go.

I have the 60mm Rizoma risers with the Rizoma conical bars. What a huge improvement over stock! I went all the way and fitted Rizoma sportline grips and long Rizoma bar-ends. Looks a treat!

PS. The 60mm risers accommodate the damper - 42mm don't.:tup:

I have the 60mm Rizoma risers with the Rizoma conical bars. What a huge improvement over stock! I went all the way and fitted Rizoma sportline grips and long Rizoma bar-ends. Looks a treat!

In what way is it an improvement over stock? They make some awesome looking gear.

Looks aside, how do you rate the way it feels? Little more agressive? Same heigth as stock or a little lower?

That wont bother me so much, really I just don't like the rearward sweep of the stock bars and want something closer to a straight bar. I got the Rizomas shipped to me for 55 bucks in nice shape so may as well go that route. If I can mount a GPS between the two riser clamps that will look slick.

Also have the 60mm rizoma risers and the rizoma bar. Like them alot. The are a few mm higher then the stock but I love the feel and the look. Als changed to rizoma barends only thing left is to change the stock grips to rizoma. But first going to get a full wurkup from Hyperpro before I do that.

You should be able to see the bars on picture of me on the forum

Guys, I have a TAG Metals, gold, T2 moto-x style #1005 bar that fits the Rizoma Taper risers for sale. It's in lightly used condition with some very light scratches around the area between the riser mounts. Most likely where I touched it with the bike key a couple of times.

The bar is VERY well made. Very strong. Needs no cross brace. Matches gold forks VERY well, and has been drilled to fit gen 2 controls. The bar sweep angle is much less than the stocker, and installed on 60mm risers this set up puts your hands about 3/4 inch closer than stock. Not really much difference except the angle it places your hands in and the custom look.

I'll post up a link to pics if anyone wants to see how it looked on my bike.

I'm asking $40 plus $10 s&h, Paypal CONUS only please.

Anyone here wanting more info about me personally, I am "TheRepairMan" over on the FZ1oa. Member in good standing there since 2005.

-Roger

Last edited:
Trying to find a bar that will work for me. I'm putting Rizoma risers on (60mm, fat bar shape) and obviously will have to change the stock bars. I am looking for a low rise and not alot of sweep, the flatter the better (without being completely straight). Just wondering if anyone could make a few suggestions. I see that FLY and a few other companies make a very affordable MX bar that would fit. Thinking perhaps a mini-style bar would work? I don't want something too wide (I always end up cutting full-size MX bars down for road bike use). Any pics would be great as well. I have a Hyperpro damper and hopefully the new risers don't cause an issue. So let me know what you think :smoking:

If you want basically a drag bar (0 rise) like the stock bar but with the 1 1/8 center section tapering down to 7/8 then check out snow mobile bars particularly the ones from Fly Racing. They have both and aluminum one and a slick carbon fiber one about 28 inches wide that looks like the ticket for matching stock bar ergos with a set of rizoma risers.

Back