So.. Tank Pad? Stomp Pad?

Wolf Adams

So.. I am looking at doing bits and pieces to protect my precious paint and I need some opinions.

Right now I am planning to buy the Pro Grip Tank pad (17 bucks)
Reviews? Comments?
Easy enough.

Next I am debating on stomp pads (either black or clear.. opinions?)
Stomp Grip for FZ1 06-11 - Traction Pads, Grip, etc. - Street Accessories - SoloMotoParts.com - Motorcycle Parts, Accessories and Gear

Does anyone have stomp pads on? Id just like to get some insight and maybe a few pictures.

I dont know if adding the stomp pads would be to much black for the tank, with the tank pad and all. What are your thoughts? There is always clear.

Thanks guys!

:poke:

Progrip tank pad = awesome. I've had mine on for the whole time I've owned my bike... There's some wear on it from rubbing against it... But nothing horrible.

Stompgrip on the other hand..... I'm on my 3rd set. The adhesive just doesn't hold. After about 6 months, it'll start to loosen up at the edges, and at the year mark, it will pretty much just fall off. ... I'll be looking at Tech Spec or Tank Treads for my next set.

I had a pro grip on my bike for the past couple years and it worked great. I just switched over today to a clear orbits that has the tuning forks on it and is looks better but we'll see if it works as well.

...Does anyone have stomp pads on? Id just like to get some insight and maybe a few pictures...

I know others have had trouble with the glue failing but with 2+ years mine show no signs of giving up. They are black and I love the grip, not too harsh at all.

i have had tech spec on my SV for about 4+ years and i have a set to go onto my FZ soon.

i prefer tech spec on the street and stomp grip on the track bike. but as already stated the stomp grip doesn't always stay on as long.

Back